KiteLife Forum

Quad line kites suck

Hedgewarden

I've previously posted that I find duals more graceful than quad kites, but less versatile. My analogy, and I think JB also used it, dual = jet fighter, quad = helicopter. (Well, "=" is not quite right, read "similar to".)

Now I find I can control my Revs well enough to get loops, spins, and horizontal passes about as well as I could with my dual line kites. However, the Revs have the speed control lacking in dual-line kites, and hover options that are unthinkable with dual-line kites except at the edge of the wind window.

In other words, I can do most of my dual-line maneuvers with my Revs, plus many additional.

(Background - I am NOT a slack-line trick flier, beyond the occasional sloppy axel, turtle, and a two time fade accomplish-er. Nor do I wish to be.)

In other words, the dark-side is sucking me in, ;) deeper and deeper. ;)

Last week, I was 50% dual and 50% quad enamored. :):ani_weightlift:

Now it is 25% and 75%. Will it go to 0% and 100%?

In any case, for other newbies like me, be assured that graceful quad flight is possible for us pilots more mortal than iQuad. :P

Now, I need to go practice my clockwork and inverted hover. :)

(JB, sorry about the title - you know my "sense of humor" is hopelessly twisted - don't mean to offend.)

:)

I love dual lines the same, for the exactly the reasons (difficulties/challenges) you outlined above, but I know what you mean.

Yes, anyone can fly a Rev, it is WAY easier to execute complicated maneuvers, more accessible to a wider variety of people. :ani_weightlift:

More tutorials coming as soon as possible!

Damn!! Howard & John!!!

You have really pissed off “Destiny & Serenity", (Nirvana UL & STD)...not to mention, "Wild Fire & Paul Reverie", (Prism Quantums) and "DeeDee" too (Prism 3D). They haven't seen FLY TIME, except Destiny for one day, since Christmas, when "Elvira" (1.5 JB Black Rainbow w/ mid-vent) came on board! :angry:

They are "YELLING" "Insult To Injury" and are ganging up now!!! :D

Yeah, this might prove your point...but, let's be a little more discrete about things..."Please!" ;)

Keep It Up!

Duane

PS Tomorrow the duals "Rule"!!

Damn!! Howard & John!!!

You have really pissed off “Destiny & Serenity", (Nirvana UL & STD)...not to mention, "Wild Fire & Paul Reverie", (Prism Quantums) and "DeeDee" too (Prism 3D). They haven't seen FLY TIME, except Destiny for one day, since Christmas, when "Elvira" (1.5 JB Black Rainbow w/ mid-vent) came on board! :angry:

They are "YELLING" "Insult To Injury" and are ganging up now!!! :D

Yeah, this might prove your point...but, let's be a little more discrete about things..."Please!" ;)

Keep It Up!

Duane

PS Tomorrow the duals "Rule"!!

Five to one, baby

One in five

No one here gets out alive

Hi Bill,

I don't know "Jim Morrison", nor who he is, (we'd probably like each other) but he is in error, "if" that quote is all he had to say about things on that subject...or if it is taken out of context...but I won't get into that here, but feel free to e-mail me and I'll send you information on things and the odds as I know them, if you want!?!?

=================

But when it comes to Quads verses Dualies...(which is my world now)...I know the difference in my mind, & with experience. Quads basically can be flown, "with the wind", by anyone after some very frustrating times in the beginning as to trying to figure out, and incorporate, the movements in their mind/hand programming. But, Quads are really quite boring after one has gotten that far...(that's Quad..."flying with the wind"). The challenging with the Quad comes after that initial stage of "flying with the wind", to controlling it's every movement. "That's" the Quad "challenge". A Challenge that I'm presently in!!

But, the thrill I get from my dualies, as they unwind from a 4 or 5 wrap YoYo, could never be matched by the Quad! The Quad just can't perform that way. The "dualies" really give a "personal" satisfaction that the Quad can't match! But, that's a "personal" thing...somewhat solitaire. Where as the Quad is more social. Mega-Flights and such!! That's QUAD stuff!! A whole different realm of flying! Yeah, you can fly Dualies in a crowd, but it is still a "you are alone" type feeling, which is really a great feeling...but, where as Quads, connect to others as they fly.

But, don't get me wrong...a lot of times...I really like being alone and some times I like to be social...I receive what I want and/or need from the kites I'm flying & the kiters I'm around!! "THAT'S">> :D

Keep It Up!

Duane

PS When are you coming to Florida...Thing are really getting GOOD (Kitewise) down here!!

I was just quoting the song that came to mind when I saw that your 5 dualies were jealous and on the verge of rebellion.. I put my money on Elvira... she has lots of moxy

The Doors, 'Five to One'

I agree that there is pleasure in all the different kites... I went down to see family this weekend and got to fly my REV while my little nephew ran around with an urban ninja SLK in tow.. about 30 to 45 minutes.. he had more fun than me I think...

Not sure about the Florida trip... I will have to email my friends and see if that project is still a dream or not...

• 1 year later...

I've just started flying Revs for 8 months now, but for some reason although I have seen the dual line kites before I ever knew quad lines existed, I never caught on to multi-line kites until I saw the Rev in action... Been flying it ever since and although I have friends who fly together with me that fly dual line kites, I still love my Rev. blue_biggrin.gif