KiteLife Forum

Join Connor Doran and Revolution Kites Dare to Dream Team!

Mousie

Hi all,

I would like to invite you all to join Revolution Kites and The Dare to Dream Team in spreading the joy of kiting and Epilepsy Awareness.

Connor and I will be heading to Washington DC on March 18th to begin an exciting journey which will include appearing at the Smithsonian Indoor Kite Festival at the National Air and Space Museum, school appearances, and the National Walk for Epilepsy on the mall in DC on March 27, 2011. Connor and I will be flying at the event kickoff, and Connor will be speaking at the event as well as doing indoor demonstrations at the VIP dinner and the Youth Epilepsy event. It looks to be a very exciting week and we look forward to meeting new fliers and friends.

To help build support, Connor has started the DARE TO DREAM Team to raise funds for the National Walk for Epilepsy. This walk supports education world wide, as well as continues the search for a cure. Revolution Kites is supporting the cause by making a donation for every Dare to Dream Shirt sold to the Epilepsy Foundation. It is Connor's hope to hit a goal of $1000. in donations in the next 42 days. Even a small donation get him closer to this goal Please take a moment to visit the official Dare to Dream Team Page. Whether you can make a donation or not, we would like to thank you for the support and encouragment that you share on this journey.

Some facts about Epilepsy:

*Epilepsy, characterized by seizures, is one of the most common disorders of the nervous system.

*It affects people of all ages, races, and ethnic backgrounds.

*Nearly 3 million Americans are living with epilepsy.

*Every year, 200,000 Americans will develop seizures and epilepsy for the first time.

*Epilepsy can develop at any time of life, but especially in early childhood and old age.

*Epilepsy is a neurological condition making people susceptible to seizures. A seizure is a change in sensation, awareness, or behavior brought about by a brief electrical disturbance in the brain.

Please take a moment to visit Connor's Dare to Dream Team Page by clicking here.

with sincere thanks,

Amy and Connor Doran

Dare to Dream... post-198-0-02175500-1297639903_thumb.jpg

A big Thank you to Connor's sponsors at Revolution Kites and Kitelife Magazine

Hi Connor and Amy,

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to give a little something in return for the joy that I received in watching Connor perform on "America's Got Talent". It was beautiful!!

Sincerely,

Duane

Hi Duane,

Thank YOU for all your encouragement! Without that Connor would never have made it as far as he did.. it truly is a team effort! Thanks for the kickstart on donations! The donations are now up to $250 overnight!

Sincerely

Amy

Thrilled to share the news with all of you. In JUST THREE days the donation total is up to $450!! Thank you to all that have donated and supported the Dare to Dream Team! Please help Connor and the Dream Team make the goal of $1000! All money goes directly to the Epilepsy Foundation to help with research for a cure, epilepsy Awareness , and support for so many that deal with this .

Keep the Dream alive!

To make your donation go to:

My link

Update: I just hit enter on my update when a new donation came in putting the Dare to Dream Team more then halfway to the goal!

The Dare to Dream Team is now at $504. !!!

Thanks so much for everyone's support and donations. Connor just received a letter from the National Epilepsy Fund congratulating the Dare to Dream Team for hitting the 50% mark so quickly!

Let Rock and REV this goal right to the top and beyond!

To make your donation please go to :

My link

Update: I just hit enter on my update when a new donation came in putting the Dare to Dream Team more then halfway to the goal!

The Dare to Dream Team is now at $504. !!!

Thanks so much for everyone's support and donations. Connor just received a letter from the National Epilepsy Fund congratulating the Dare to Dream Team for hitting the 50% mark so quickly!

Let Rock and REV this goal right to the top and beyond!

To make your donation please go to :

My link

Even better now Duane.....

The Dare to Dream Team just hit $904!!!!!!

‎$904!!! and the night isn't over yet! Let's see this fly right through the $1000 goal and beyond! Connor said to say thank you, he is sitting here with the ice packs on :wacko:

Thanks so much to everyone that made a donation, and to those that are helping to spread the word, it all helps!

To make a donation please click here My link

Sincerely,

Connor and Amy

It's amazing what Connor has done for raising awareness of kiting in general with the general public. This is what I posted on the Rev forum:

"Last Monday my wife and I went to a buffet dinner at a local church. We were at a table with three young couples. Part way into the evening I was asked what I'm doing with my retirement time. I said I fly kites ... the four line type ... they look like two triangles tied together. Before I finished one of the guys started bouncing up and down and said "like that Connor guy does!" Please understand that I live in the middle of kite-less land ... kites and unicorns are both about even in my area. So Connor, I doubt you truly understand how many folks you've touched with your flying. Keep it up ... and good luck in DC ..."

Damn I hate it when the kids out shine the adults.

Cheers,

Tom

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's amazing what Connor has done for raising awareness of kiting in general with the general public. This is what I posted on the Rev forum:

"Last Monday my wife and I went to a buffet dinner at a local church. We were at a table with three young couples. Part way into the evening I was asked what I'm doing with my retirement time. I said I fly kites ... the four line type ... they look like two triangles tied together. Before I finished one of the guys started bouncing up and down and said "like that Connor guy does!" Please understand that I live in the middle of kite-less land ... kites and unicorns are both about even in my area. So Connor, I doubt you truly understand how many folks you've touched with your flying. Keep it up ... and good luck in DC ..."

Damn I hate it when the kids out shine the adults.

Cheers,

Tom

LOl, I hear ya Tom :rev_clockwork:

We have just gotten home from DC two days ago and I am still in a bit of a daze here. But I did manage to get the video up of Connor flying at the National Walk for Epilepsy ( 0-3mph and unsteady) and then speaking in front of aprox 7000 people that were registered for the walk. It's a little bit long, but I figured it might be better unedited. Thanks to Jim Cosca for video, and to Ben Dantonio for being our kite wrangler when we had to bail out right after he flew and kick off the walk. Here is the link to the video