KiteLife Forum

On the Lake (John H Kerr Reservoir) NC/VA line

Reef Runner

Flew out on the lake today, about a mile from home. Slipped into one of the State Parks. No one there but me. Had great wind, 10 - 15 out of the southwest, coming right off the water.............sweet :blue-confused: but a little much for the 1.5 standard B. Should have had the mid-vent or full vent, but took it easy and tried not to break anything....

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=216189808592016584571.00049ecc90564dc36ea71&t=h&ll=36.405879,-78.386507&spn=0.028323,0.065231&z=14

Hey!! Beautiful place! If I ever can get my asp up there maybe we'll hit that place together.

Tomorrow MrDenny and I are doing Round Island...and taking my wife along with her camera!! (I sure hope those girls show up!!) heehee!!

Looks like a full-vent day! "Windy" will love it!!

Keep It Up!

Duane

Hey!! Beautiful place! If I ever can get my asp up there maybe we'll hit that place together.

Tomorrow MrDenny and I are doing Round Island...and taking my wife along with her camera!! (I sure hope those girls show up!!) heehee!!

Looks like a full-vent day! "Windy" will love it!!

Keep It Up!

Duane

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say it's beautiful, but if you can't be on the coast, then the lake will have to do..............plus it's less than 2 miles from the house, and if the wind is S or SW, it'll do. Trust me, it's not like flying on the sand :blue-confused: