KiteLife Forum

1999 Obsession (5/5/11)

John Barresi

We're pleased to yet again announce the next prize being given away to our most appreciated supporters, the Kitelife Subscribers... For roughly 10 cents per day they play a major role in keeping KL growing in every way.

This is a brand new, unflown 1999 Obsession sport kite from HQ Kites, donated by Kite Classifieds, roughly a $130 value!

A classic addition to any collector's kite bag, this is an early trick kite, more info can be found here - http://www.kitejan.m...l/obsession.htm

post-1-0-71404800-1302900798_thumb.jpg

If you haven't done so already, You can sign up here.

Odds of winning for this prize is currently 1/261, and will be drawn on May 5th, 2011!

Our thanks, and the very best to you... Let the drooling begin. :blink:

WOW...That's Great!

A guy showed up at "MY" field (1/4" to the left of the arrow...heehee!!) one weekend with one of those and he let me fly it for awhile. Although, I'm not an expert trickster with the dualies...that kite flys "Great" and was very comfortable in the air. Also, when it was on the ground (which is where I spend most of my dual line flying time) the recovery was noticeably easier than my Nirvanas! That guy was doing a lot of stuff I can only imagine today.

Yep!....Just put it in my kite "box"!

Keep It Up!

Duane

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so lets stir this One up a bit.

I need convincing that I dont need aother Dualie in my bag.

Currently I have 4, a Sea Devil, Prism Hypnotist, Prism 4D, and a Premire Wolf.

So there are 2 numbers up for grabe to the person/s who convince me I dont need another Dualie.

Let competition commence. :wacko:

(blasted keybroad, you could have been kind to me and just not poined it out Duane)

So there are 2 umbers up for grabe to the person/s who convince me I dont need another Dualie.

What's an "umber"?...You and Pete been getting together?!?! heehee!

Keep It Up!

Duane

So there are 2 umbers up for grabe to the person/s who convince me I dont need another Dualie.

You don't need another dualie in your bag - BECAUSE - you are now a REV-HEAD !! :)

Reason 1) You are too busy flying Revs.

Reason 2) It takes twice as many kites with Dualies to get the same number of LINES in the sky as with Revs, and they are just getting too heavy in the kite bag. (I KNOW this is true; I have about 30 dualies myself.)

Reason 3) You never get any rest with dualies; like sharks, they must move forward or die.

Reason 4) Colorizer? Not this kite - its colors are FIXED!

Reason 5) Bikini lifts? With a Dualie, I doubt it.

Reason 6) Line-sets. Only two lines to match? Trivial! Where's the fun in that?

Reason 7) You might have to resign from RevGuild.

Reason 8) It's too much trouble to lay out a 4-line set; remove 2 lines temporarily: and then put them back together (only to discover that now 2 of them have stretched).

Reason 9) You are so used to typing "Rev" when you mean "kite" that your ability to be active in forums might be compromised.

Reason 10) You KNOW you don't need another dualie, because you have been forced to ask for reasons not to get another. ("Help me! Don't let me dual again!")

You don't need another dualie because you realize that there is another flier who has just come into the game late and has missed the great kites of the past. Someone who really appreciates the "old school" style of flying. Someone who is trying very hard to acquire those special kites of the past and put them into the air again. Out of the goodness of your heart you will aid this person in her quest by passing on those numbers. And who might this person be? ME!

kjm

• Like 1

I think "photomom", has the best, CONVINCING comment so far!!!! :kid_content:..............

All though, I am an official subscriber now, and that means, ONE more number to LESSON your ODD'S!!!!!!!! :P:blue-confused::artist::) :)

...........Won't be long now !!.......................:sign_kitelife: .....May the MOST random number WIN!!!!!!!!........:sign_offtopic:

You give me lots of good reasons not to need another Dualie Pete, however you admit to having too many yourself, so afraid no number for you.

Poacher I am with you at the moment, think photomom has the best comment so far.

Lets see who else chimes in for a Day or Two more. :sign_offtopic:

OK, I think there has been time for others to chime in on this, so photomom ges both my numbers.

Best of luck all.

Yeah Baloo...her comments were almost heart breaking..."photomom" can have mine too this time.

....476 & 837...Good Luck!

Keep It Up!

Duane

You bunch of old softies!!! kid_devlish.gif

Think you pretty much hit the nail right on the head there SV.

Cool Dude Duane, be great if One of our Numbers did come up wouldnt it ;)

Good luck all (Especially PM chance of about 52 / 1)