KiteLife Forum

New Pictures - Old Kites

Hyper Kiter

John and Fellow Kiter's,

Thought I would air out some of my kites a share them in the photo album section.

I will swap out some pic's with others.

Coming soon....

Nagel 7 Sisters

Martin Lester Shark

Peter Lynn 2.0 Peel (#15 prototype)

Peter Lynn 2.5 Peel and Buggy

More....

WOW! Great stuff Mike... I'm really drooling over the stack of Nagel Hypers!

Do you have anyone written into your will for those yet? :)

A truly beautiful collection, thank you for sharing with us!

For ya'll who haven't seen this yet...

http://kitelife.com/photos/index.php?cat=10041

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Whao....kites by the Collado brothers. :) Yeah, another "old" thread. But I'm new. :)

The brothers are doing well. Both are married with children. I think Donald still futzes a little with kitemaking. Romeo isn't, but boyhowdy did he get into a lot of other stuff. RC cars, RC boats, RC planes and gliders, indoor gliders, whatever. Just not kites. Well, since I got that itch back, I'll probably be giving them a call. :):)

Dude, you own an Elite Team Noname? There were only, what, 6 or 8 made? I believe Romeo or Donald has the others. I know one of them has the Elite Team Hyper stacks. Your other kites all look familiar as well. I know you. Email or PM me when you get the chance. :wacko:

Spenuki,

Well if you remember, I was on the Elite team. I've got the "Old" logo sets of big wings as well as 2 of the logo stacks (Just skins in a bag), I've also got the last set of stacks from the San Diego edition of the Elite team.

It's been a while Spencer, I don't own anything newer than my MEFM!

I Love flying stacks more than anything else.

And if you remember... I've got the #2 Seven Sisters kite as well.

You should post pictures of YOUR kites! You have quite a few in your bag the "Mainlanders" would love to see!

Mike!...you old seadog. ;)

Well, I knew someone had those kites. B)

I still can't fly anything but Hyper stacks as well. Although, I did order a Hawaiian Team Kite from KOC for $100. Kind of brings back memories of the old team flying days at Sandy Beach. :)

I would post pics, but we've been out of the loop for the past 10+years and we no longer have a lot of our kites. Most had been sold or given away just before our hiatus. Just no longer had any incentive for staying in kiting, at the time. Not enough funds for travelling and no longer any HKA and the reasons for it's demise just added to the feeling. :(

We are getting back into kiting and have several projects on the drawing board. All new designs, maybe all new kites. For sure, I'll be building a new 20 stack. :wacko: Also hoping in getting a new kite club going, but that's not first on the list at the moment. Gotta get to making and flying on a regular basis first. Maybe drum up some interest from new blood. :D

Good to hear from you. :D