KiteLife Forum

Outdoor zero wind comparison

tony c

Hi

I have a hybrid 240 - great outdoor zero wind kite - designed by horvath built by hq

has anyone flown a horvath "Long way home " ?

and how does it compare to a hybrid 240 -

question is - is the Longway home worth investing in if you have a 240 ?

www.horvath.ch

thanks

tony

While I don't have the LWH, I do have the almost-as-large Like a Rolling Stone, as well as an Urban Ninja, a C'est la Vie and an I'll Be Back. Each of them have very different flight characteristics and the make and quality are fantastic. I can only imagine that the 240 would be quite different in speed, agility, response to subtle wind turbulence/updrafts, and other glide ratio etc from the others. Especially because it is made of slightly different materials than the ones that come out of the Swiss atelier. I my self considered the LWH, but I'm glad I settled on the LRS standard. The larger kite takes alot more space and indoor flying would need an airplane hanger!. Write to Thomas Horvath. He is very approachable, friendly and informative. He will help you with the perspective of a real flyer and no sales hype. I LOVE his kites. More $ but utterly worth it. My go-to SLK.

Mitch

Mitch

thanks for your reply

you are obviously a horvath convert

but I have to say my chinese kitewalker Urban Ninja is just as good as the more expensive original

guess design is key  agree horvath design is magic

Sorry but you missed key points in the mail - you havnt flown either kites so cant compare and

I was asking about OUTDOOR zero wind NOT indoor

devil is in the detail as always :kid_devlish:

またね

wow this forum is so non-cosmopolitan

no idea no meaningfull replies

なし

Hi Tony C,

"NON-COSMOPOLITAN"...That's "good" Right?!?!

Well, that's "good" in my book! (But, then I'm the guy who was trying to make a "Power Kite Buggy" out of his John Deere tractor! heehee!)

The "no idea no meaningfull replies" I don't understand, Mitch said:

"Write to Thomas Horvath. He is very approachable, friendly and informative. He will help you with the perspective of a real flyer and no sales hype."

That's pretty "meaningful" advice to me...maybe, you just can't follow directions?

Keep It Up!

Duane

EDIT: I noticed that they have a post at http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=5110.0 You might check it out and maybe post your question in that forum.