KiteLife Forum

Vented B2 package (7/10/11)

John Barresi

On my screen, the words line up perfectly. I can MAKE them ragged by changing the size of the window.

No way would I ever use a browser at full screen. I might enlarge four browser windows to fill the whole screen, but it would still be excessive. I like having all the shortcuts available at all times. Y'never know when you might need another kite-quote.

No argument there, but you got to think about what most other people see. That's why you need to look at the "edit" screen. Then you will see what the rest of us are seeing, those of us that are using a regular computer / laptop...............:kid_cussing:

ps.............most people don't' have screens, large enough to see 3 or 4 full screens, at the same time confused_1.gif

...you got to think about what most other people see. That's why you need to look at the "edit" screen....

I tried that, but the edit screen also changes size as you change the size of the browser window, so it is still variable for each user.

And I don't have all that much screen "real-estate". I know one guy that has four 27" monitors in a 2x2 grid; each screen is covered in text so small I can't read it unless I'm practically touching the screen with my nose. He says he needs all that information (programming code) on the screen(s) at once to keep track of everything.

...you got to think about what most other people see. That's why you need to look at the "edit" screen....

I tried that, but the edit screen also changes size as you change the size of the browser window, so it is still variable for each user.

And I don't have all that much screen "real-estate". I know one guy that has four 27" monitors in a 2x2 grid; each screen is covered in text so small I can't read it unless I'm practically touching the screen with my nose. He says he needs all that information (programming code) on the screen(s) at once to keep track of everything.

I hear you Pete, but my old brain has a hard enough time, just keeping up with one screen, and I keep that one as big as my computer will allow. Also, I'm just used to using tabs, so I may have multiple multiple "full" pages open, and I just tab back and forth, as needed...............

Are we getting off topic, here confused_1.gif Have a good one mate...............;)

Well I already have a vented in this very colour ... so there's a good chance I'll win because I actually DON'T need it

:)

Hey Steven, That's also the color, that I was considering for my B2, but I'm still torn between the standard and the mid-vent. Maybe I should get the mid-vent, since I plan on winning this standard, and then, I would have a matching pair.............;)

Hey Steven, That's also the color, that I was considering for my B2, but I'm still torn between the standard and the mid-vent. Maybe I should get the mid-vent, since I plan on winning this standard, and then, I would have a matching pair.............;)

Technically speaking the purple is the girlfriends set ... mine are red :)

I believe the package up for grabs is the full vent, so you should rather get the full sail if you think you stand a chance :sign_please:

Technically speaking the purple is the girlfriends set ... mine are red :)

I believe the package up for grabs is the full vent, so you should rather get the full sail if you think you stand a chance :sign_please:

My mistake ! You are correct .............. vented it is ................ so I should go ahead, and order my Standard, to go with this one :bag:

I'm here! If I'm not too late! LOL

When I found the site, and saw that there were drawing for prizes, I thought "Hey cool, maybe I could win something for the first time in my life!" But didn't figure that the prize would be this awesome! I'm glad that I subscribed now!!

Having been a Navy guy, the chance to win something that doesn't require me to be someplace specific to win it is outstanding. I'll have my fingers crossed!! This is a kite that I REALLY want.

What an awesome way this would be to make a comeback into the kiting community! I've been out of the kiting world since 1994, when I moved from Alaska.

Did I mention that the Purple is my favorite color for choice for the kite??

Having been a Navy guy, the chance to win something that doesn't require me to be someplace specific to win it is outstanding. I'll have my fingers crossed!!

Welcome Exile!

We just sent our last prize to a fellow stationed in Okinawa, as long as your email works, you've got a shot. ;)

Having been a Navy guy, the chance to win something that doesn't require me to be someplace specific to win it is outstanding. I'll have my fingers crossed!!

Welcome Exile!

We just sent our last prize to a fellow stationed in Okinawa, as long as your email works, you've got a shot. :)

John, Don't forget to set his "luck meter".................;)

And I could use all the luck I can get!!

Yeah yeah.. I wasn't telling a story as a means of trying to get sympathy or a handout. I would much rather earn it than be just given a hand out. I was just merely giving an intro, and a reason why I would really LOVE to win. I've never won anything, it would be fun to win something for once. Again, I'm NOT pleading for anything here.

And by the way. I DO like purple, I use it all the time

here is an example

Shadowed_Exile_by_Defiant_Exile.jpg

Lone_Face_in_the_Shadows_by_Defiant_Exile.jpg

Only two, the smallest images I have easy net based access to, that show use of the purple. I really do like purple.

So bring it on Baloo, I'm used to being ridiculed. Harsh word... but only oneI could think of.

I'll edit this later, at take them out later if this is something that people don't want here.

OK, dumb question here... What is RNG?? And what do I get if I do??

John uses a Random Number Generator (RNG), to pick the winners, for the drawings. Our membership numbers are in the system, and the RNG picks........hence, the need for your luck meter to be set (that part is a joke, but the RNG is real)

cheers................nick

OK, dumb question here... What is RNG?? And what do I get if I do??

RNG -random number generator!! It's what John uses to pick the winner of the give aways!! We're all trying different ways to "influence" the outcome!! Some are silent, some more vocal, but most of the time, we all want to win!!! kid_devlish.gif