KiteLife Forum

Vented B2 package (7/10/11)

John Barresi

Jynx has a 240 ft line set that she let me fly with at TI. Talk about a wind-window ... huge!!! Remember going from 120's down to 30's and how fast the kite seemed? Well, the opposite occurs when jumping up to 240's ... everything is slowed down. Fun to fly on for awhile, but would probably become boring after a few hours.

Cheers,

Tom

Well, at least if it gets too boring, she can cut them in half, and make a couple of 4x120's.............:kid_devlish:

... I'd kinda like to see a Rev up about 300 feet................bet that would be KEWL !!:kid_devlish:

Jynx has a 240 ft line set that she let me fly with at TI. Talk about a wind-window ... huge!!! Remember going from 120's down to 30's and how fast the kite seemed? Well, the opposite occurs when jumping up to 240's ... everything is slowed down. Fun to fly on for awhile, but would probably become boring after a few hours.

Cheers,

Tom

I'd need to take a break after setting up that long a lineset!! kid_devlish.gif Getting tired just thinking about it!! smiley-devil.gif

When I first started flying steerable kites (duals and then Revs), I was unaware for many years that it was possible to fly on less than 150'-200' of line. I thought of my set of 150s as my short lineset. It makes for VERY long walks, especially while learning.

Flying on a lineset that long almost requires an assistant. On grass, there is no way that you will be able to launch without at least one line snagging on something. It requires someone at the other end to pull on the kite to lift all the lines free of the ground before trying to launch. I have managed by setting two flexible sticks into the ground and pulling the kite up against them. When the lines are pulled free of the snags in the grass, you give a bit of extra pull and the sticks lean towards you and launch the kite.

Those of you fortunate enough to have learned flying on a beach will have no idea what I am talking about.

My first set of lines under 150' was a 30' Kevlar™ quadset that I made on the beach at Grand Haven in 1990 so that Lee Sedgwick could teach me catch'n'toss.

Those of you fortunate enough to have learned flying on a beach will have no idea what I am talking about.

Except for broken sea shells, dry sea weed/grass, drift wood, and the constant debris, that comes from "gosh knows where" ............ Yes, the beach is great, but not always clear of snags. Better than a stubbly cut wheat field, but still, not always clean. And then there's always that "rogue wave", that manages to sneak in, while you are down, fiddling with the kite................ Oh, the challenges that us kite fliers are forced to deal with. Better than working, though ! :kid_devlish:

Probably get hoarse and lose your voice!!! kid_devlish.gif

Maybe Exile should try chanting 5-9-0 - 5-9-0 - 5-9-0, you know, and maybe that would throw-off the RNG !! :kid_devlish: Yes, I think that would work. Go for it Exile !

OH & Happy July 4th, everyone !!

Trying to trick him into chanting your # eh! " You dirty rat, you!!!" HAHAHA!!!!kid_devlish.gif Wished I'd a thought of that one!! innocent.gif

SV2.gif

Gotta try somehow to win this!!!! PLEASE!!!

Exile - Do you mean like this?? kid_devlish.gif

BOOOOOOH ! BOOOOOOH !

Jealousy will get you nowhere!!! kid_devlish.gif

Oh it will

Bitter and Twisted :kid_devlish: :kid_devlish: :P:lol:

It would certainly make a fine belated-birthday present, especially since this year's birthday is closely related to my subscriber number: #833 >> 8 3 3 >> 8 3+3 >> 86 >> 68

Get OUT of TOWN, Pete................You're trying to confuse the RNG ! Now back to the cellar ! ;) ;) ;)

My b-day was June 5th. and I didn't do or get anything this year for my b-day. *sob story, poke poke* My gift to myself this year was my trip to Portland. I would greatly accept the kite as a late b-day gift.