KiteLife Forum

Vented B2 package (7/10/11)

John Barresi

You are not allowed to win two drawings in a row, so if you win, your "luck meter" is set to zero for the next drawing.

(If by some wild chance, your number did get drawn for the next prize, John would either run the RNG again or take the next number from the initial run - I forget which, but either way would be fair.)

You are not allowed to win two drawings in a row, so if you win, your "luck meter" is set to zero for the next drawing.

(If by some wild chance, your number did get drawn for the next prize, John would either run the RNG again or take the next number from the initial run - I forget which, but either way would be fair.)

Now Pete, most of us are just worrying about winning something / anything, just once, and here you go talking about winning twice in a row. Who could possibly be so lucky, unless of course, the luck meter really does work................;)

Now, back to your cellar...............because I got to do some more..................PRE-DRAW BANTERING to do............

BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER, BANTER

AHHH Ok!! So I do I get my Luck Meter bumped up??

Hey Exile, Your luck meter got set, when you joined, but John resets it, when you renew. I'm not so sure that my last reset took. I haven't won anything, anyway, but I'm still hoping. I think new members have better "luck meters", than us older memebers. Might be time for a trade-in.............

Anyway, good luck to you. I'd love to see you win............:) ( if I can't ) ;)

I've tried bribery but I don't think that RNG understands money.

I would offer $50. RNG would say, "87."

Then I would offer $60 and RNG would say, "22."

I would say, "$22?" and RNG would say, "302."

Actually, RNG has never said 302 but I live in hope.

• Like 1

... multiple subscriptions....

I was thinking about this:

B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2

Consider this thought experiment - there are always 100 possible winners. (why? who knows? it's just chance that one subscription lapses at exactly the same time as a new one is entered. It's a thought experiment for cryin' out loud!) Subscriptions cost $1. Prizes are worth $10. (Just to keep things simple.)

B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2

OK, so the value to any single subscription holder going into a drawing is $10/100 or 10 cents. If there are 10 drawings a year, the value (as opposed to the cost) of a yearly subscription is $1.00 which makes the actual bet an even bet.

Now, someone gets the great idea to get two subscriptions. Now, he is paying $2.00. His odds of winning are now 1 in 50. The value to this Player of the next drawing is now $10/50 or 20 cents, and with the same 10 drawings a year his yearly value is now $2.00 which is (surprise!) exactly what his subscription cost him. Another even bet.

Multiple subscriptions may improve your odds of winning oftener, but they don't actually improve your odds.

I've tried bribery but I don't think that RNG understands money.

I would offer $50. RNG would say, "87."

Then I would offer $60 and RNG would say, "22."

I would say, "$22?" and RNG would say, "302."

Actually, RNG has never said 302 but I live in hope.

ROFL, my favorite banter thus far. ;)

So there is nothing that I can do to bump the Luck Meter in my favor. Aw well.. I'll work to earn one another way then.

And speaking of Subscriber numbers, how do I figure out what my number is?? I've looked, and I didn't see it.. Maybe I just missed it, but I can't find it.

So there is nothing that I can do to bump the Luck Meter in my favor. Aw well.. I'll work to earn one another way then.

And speaking of Subscriber numbers, how do I figure out what my number is?? I've looked, and I didn't see it.. Maybe I just missed it, but I can't find it.

Just email John Barresi. He'll let you know. webmaster@kitelife.com ;)

Yup.. Knew that, just thought that it was somewhere in my account info somewhere.

Nope; it's nowhere to be found. Just one of the many mysteries of Kitelife. (I'm sure John will see this and let you know.)

(I think no one noticed!)

In this thread, everyone notices!!!!! smiley-devil.gifkid_devlish.gif

Ahhh, but WHAT did they notice?

CJ, you're lucky #881.

Aye, the forum doesn't generate the subscription numbers... Nothing like that built into the system, so it's all manually tracked. :kid_devlish:

(I think no one noticed!)

In this thread, everyone notices!!!!! smiley-devil.gifkid_devlish.gif

Ahhh, but WHAT did they notice?

White B2's

[color="#000000"] -[color="#ffffff"] Ha Ha[/color] :kid_devlish:[color="#ffffff"] Ha Ha, and while you are reading this, you need to get in the cellar and get your line write-up posted !!![/color]  :kid_devlish: [/color]

Well, I have taken a step in the right direction:

IMG_0988-400.jpg

I got a tape long enough to measure any likely length of lineset.

Oh Pete, I'm glad to see, that you are indeed, making progress ! Possibly, a little too much time, in the cellar, eh ?

Now, no working during the Holiday weekend. You just kick back and relax. No hurry..............

Can you spell METHODICAL ? :P

I know, I know. What a silly question - Happy July 4th !!! :kid_devlish:

ps.............we are waiting for your masterpiece ! :kid_devlish:

... I'd kinda like to see a Rev up about 300 feet................bet that would be KEWL !!:kid_devlish:

Jynx has a 240 ft line set that she let me fly with at TI. Talk about a wind-window ... huge!!! Remember going from 120's down to 30's and how fast the kite seemed? Well, the opposite occurs when jumping up to 240's ... everything is slowed down. Fun to fly on for awhile, but would probably become boring after a few hours.

Cheers,

Tom

CJ, you're lucky #881.

Aye, the forum doesn't generate the subscription numbers... Nothing like that built into the system, so it's all manually tracked. :kid_devlish:

Awesome!! You really do rock John!

Thank you very much!