KiteLife Forum

saturday 1 june 2011 fly at the beach

Staffspinner

I'll be at Heceta Beach in Florence this Saturday flying with my wife. We'll both be flying. We'll probably be out there Sunday too... At least that is the plan for now. There haven't been many rooms available since the whole 4th thing and all... But if plans change I'll update here.

We usually setup in front of Driftwood Shores. Hopefully there will be room for us there with all the additional July 4th weekend traffic...

Here is a link to the location:

http://maps.google.c...&gl=us&t=h&z=16

~Brett

Edit: Looks like I should be getting another lineset in the mail on Saturday of Skybond (been wanting to try that stuff out). If I wait long enough for the lineset the wind will be dying down by the time we make it out there Saturday. I'll probably be out there Friday (today) and Sunday now.

Sounds like no feedback back.... If anyone is game to fly on Saturday at Heceta I'll make it over there...

~Brett

Brett,

I hope somebody showed up today.

You might contact ( Wyatt) MercFlyer on the Rev forum for Sunday or future meet as he is in Yachats.

Hope to see you in Lincoln City one of these days.

Bruce

We had a lot of fun flying today... I few the 1.5 and even stacked a 1 onto it for a bit of the day... Then the wife showed up and took the 1.5 so I put together the B2 and had a blast with that little guy. The B2 was a welcome change as after about 4 hours of flying my hands were game for a slightly lighter pulling kite. ;)

Tomorrow winds should be higher and I'll be bringing out the full vented 1.5 B series. Probably have a bit of fun with the B2 as well... The wife and I are staying at the driftwood shores hotel right on the beach. I'll probably sleep in as theres not any real fun peppy winds predicted until around noon or so... Man its SOOO nice not having to hop back in the car and drive an hour back to Eugene when I'm done flying.

There is a gentleman named Scott, also from Eugene, who was out flying his EXP for the second time. Something tells me I'm out here flying too much because I met him on this very beach before when he was out flying it for his very first time. ;) He got his EXP from Keith up in Newport at The Kite Company. He's a great guy and really knowledgeable about the REV lineup. I can't recommend both Keith and his shop highly enough.

Anyway if anyone else is in the area I'd love to see more kites in the air. ;)

~Brett

I had a great time on the beach at Lincoln City today... looked like I was going to be one of few revs in the air... until Staffspinner walked up and said he was new to all this.. ;) Not sure I believe him though.. We were doing follows within a couple of hours.. Welcome to the forum and to the kite family! Lots of laughs, and after 8 straight hours on the beach flying.. I have a smile and a sunburn to match it lol.. all bright.

Amy Doran

I had a great time on the beach at Lincoln City today... looked like I was going to be one of few revs in the air... until Staffspinner walked up and said he was new to all this.. ;) Not sure I believe him though.. We were doing follows within a couple of hours.. Welcome to the forum and to the kite family! Lots of laughs, and after 8 straight hours on the beach flying.. I have a smile and a sunburn to match it lol.. all bright.

Amy Doran

Only a week late, my dear!!! kid_devlish.gif

Yeah, they are!!! The LC fest was last weekend, but Amy went up to Canada and Bart's fest!!! kid_brooding.gif Now she's flying in LC to make us feel bad!!! kid_devlish.gif

lol umm NOT! Silly.. We missed you all.. and We will be there at the Fall Festival.. ;) That's confirmed. So get your indoor and outdoor kites ready Wayne! lol .. Truly, Windscapes was a great experience for Connor and I both, and we were cheering you all on from there as well!

hugs,

Mousie

Boy it was a windy son-of-a-gun today.... I guess I can now say I've broken my first kite.... ;) Went to take a fast turn with the B2 in 19-20mph winds with the race frame in and tick the right vertical spar made a good loud tick and ti was very easily felt from the handles. Guess now I'll see about getting a replacement. Thankfully I still had the vented B series w/ 4 wrap to go back and fly. I knew I had to get right back into the saddle. Took me a bit to get back into wanting to do fast stuff... Was slightly wounding but thankfully the sail was OK and this will be an easy one to recover from.

~Brett