KiteLife Forum

Pelican park, Redcliffe, Austrailia

Typical winter's day in Brisbane, 19C (66F) wind 10 knots gusting to 20 knots.

Started the day with a play with the 4D in the still of the morning while my Daughter was at swim training.

It's the longest time I have had with it 0 wind and very happy with some 360's and up and over's. Tried some more tricks but the skill ran out.

In the Afternoon went to Pelican Park, tried some Big boy tricks on a small boy's kite (Prism Nexus)

Not good wind, so strapped some streamer on and just had fun.

post-6206-0-72863500-1310213010_thumb.jp post-6206-0-95329700-1310213039_thumb.jp post-6206-0-25682300-1310213060_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Hi "tfmic",

What I'd give for a day of 66'F and wind!

(Maybe my "rabbit hole" will lead down under?)

I have a "3D", but never heard of a "4D", so I had to look it up.

The 4-D’s predecessor, the 3-D, set the world endurance record for indoor flying, and the 4-D improves upon it with more pull and stability as well as a much wider wind range that’s truly impressive for such a lightweight kite.

It looks like they "fixed-up" all of the stuff that made my "3D" not one of my favorite kites. But it still sees some air time when nothing else will stay in the air!

I notice they aren't even selling the 3D anymore...I guess I now have a collectors item! heehee!'

Keep It Up!

Duane

getting more time on the 4D today. While minding a sleeping Child got into back yard with it.

there only enough room to get into the air, practice an axle and land on 20 foot lines, good fun anyway.

shorten the lines to 5 foot and I can whip it around 360 but there is a patio and trampoline ready to pluck it out of the sky if I get it wrong, and I did (no damage to the kite ;))

Had another go when the wife got home from shopping and was kind enough to take a photopost-6206-0-83202000-1310280181_thumb.jp

• Like 1

getting more time on the 4D today. While minding a sleeping Child got into back yard with it.

there only enough room to get into the air, practice an axle and land on 20 foot lines, good fun anyway.

shorten the lines to 5 foot and I can whip it around 360 but there is a patio and trampoline ready to pluck it out of the sky if I get it wrong, and I did (no damage to the kite ;))

Had another go when the wife got home from shopping and was kind enough to take a photopost-6206-0-83202000-1310280181_thumb.jp

Great photo! But, in case you haven't noticed...that dog is "thinking" about "it"! heehee!!

Keep It Up!

Duane

• 2 years later...

Hey Mick,

I've put this place on my "to do" list. Now I've just gotta get east.

I love flying kites at home. I put our then 18 month old in her high chair under the front eaves and entertained her with my SLE on 30ish lines on the front verge. She loved it. Neighbours think in a little crazy...

• Like 1