KiteLife Forum

Kite Stunt Team Performs At Catalpa Oaks County Park Southfield, MI

ftlosm

Super short notice (this saturday) but if your in the Metro Detroit area this is going on in Southfield, MI

http://www.destinati...ges%2Fnews.aspx

Oakland County Parks and Recreation hosts Kites Over Catalpa on July 16 from noon – 4 p.m. at Catalpa Oaks County Park.

At the free kite festival, the Michigan-based and internationally known Windjammers Stunt Kite Team will dazzle crowds with their dual-line flying routine.

After the performance, Windjammers will be available to help guests fly kites and answer questions.

“The Windjammers were a hit last year, and we are excited they are returning this year to Catalpa Oaks,” Recreation Program Supervisor Laurie Stasiak said. “Kite flying is a great outdoor activity for all ages. This event offers adults and children a unique opportunity to see a live show and learn a new recreational hobby.”

The festival includes kite crafts, games, activities and food vendors.

Attendees can bring a kite or purchase a kite kit from Great Turtle Toy of Clarkston at the event. Assistance with assembling and decorating kites will be provided.

Catalpa Oaks County Park is located at 27725 Greenfield Road in Southfield.

For more information, visit DestinationOakland.com or find us on Facebook.

Looks like you get to show it off already!

I love showing off my kites! heehee!

This is my Gombery Skyform60 I call her "Skydancer" (my only single liner) and was flying her at "Okaloosa Island Kite Festival" I really have fun at these festivals!

Hey, over at this Okaloosa Island Fest. they had some face painters there too...the kids really love that stuff...maybe you can combine your flying time with some of your Big Daddy Body Art.

Keep It Up!

Duane

EDIT: Of course you'll have to come up with a Tattoo of your kite!! heehee!