KiteLife Forum

Rev B2 Vented Prize from Kitelife

Khal

The stars just aligned for me this week.

First, out of the blue I won a purple/black B2 vented Rev in a Kitelife drawing. I didn't have a B2 or a full vent before, and my B Std is purple. I got it in the mail today.

gallery_6054_291_270206.jpg

Then, after weeks of being 95 degrees, sticky, and calm, today the temperature dropped 10 degrees and the wind picked up 10 knots. I figured I was just meant to go out for a lunchtime fly. Here she is all set up for the first time:

gallery_6054_291_195992.jpg

Now, I've got a kite, I've got wind, but how to share the moment? Necessity is the mother of....well invention normally, but motivation too. I really wanted a pic in the air, but no one else was handy. So for the very first time (successfully) I flew a Rev in one hand so I could snap this with my phone in the other hand:

gallery_6054_291_93125.jpg

This is my first attempt to start a topic (the drawing topic was closed) and my first attempt at including photos, so hopefully this will all work. Here's a link to the album in case I messed something up: http://kitelife.com/...e-first-flight/

You just don't get many days like this one. I'm so grateful to John, Kitelife, Revolution, and all the wonderful people who sucked me into this insanity (and continue to encourage me). ;)

--Brian

I forgot to mention, the wind was about 12 mph with dips to 8 or so and gusts to 30! The kite handled beautifully right out of the bag, zipping around the window with sharper stops than I expected. It was a little difficult for me at the low end of that range, but it rode out the gusts with scarcely a bump. A real joy to fly.

;)

--Brian

SO glad you got it quickly, lots of firsts too.

You look so hapy with the B2V I am unable to stay grumpy at not winning it myself.

Thanks for the pictures.

It's ok to be grumpy Baloo, we all wanted to win!!! But there'll be another drawing!!! kid_devlish.gif YEAH!!!

Earlier this week, took a break from my Rev 1.5s to hook my vintage (solid color) Rev 2 to my 120' 90# lines - too lazy to layout the proper lines.

The Rev 2 always amazes me - it is zippy, it is also a true gentleman. Lots of fun.

I can only imagine what a B2 vented would be like - YUM. :P

Glad you won the kite, Khal, and glad you are posting on the forum. Maybe some of your luck will rub off on us. :ani_idea:

Fantastic Brian! That kite looks good on you! :P

Glad you got it up and running so soon.

Bonus points as well, for nice photo/album usage in your post. :ani_idea:

Thanks, John. This kite solved a dilemma for me too. Now I can save up for my Zen without wondering if I should be buying a full vent first. :)

--Brian

• Like 2

SO glad you got it quickly, lots of firsts too.

Yep. No complaints about the shipping. The timing couldn't have been better.

You look so hapy with the B2V I am unable to stay grumpy at not winning it myself.

Thanks, Baloo. I'd hate to make anyone here grumpy, especially a bear.

Thanks for the pictures.

Glad you liked them. I was afraid it was a bit much....

I'd love to see your purple Zen.

Earlier this week, took a break from my Rev 1.5s to hook my vintage (solid color) Rev 2 to my 120' 90# lines - too lazy to layout the proper lines.

The Rev 2 always amazes me - it is zippy, it is also a true gentleman. Lots of fun.

I can only imagine what a B2 vented would be like - YUM. :)

Glad you won the kite, Khal, and glad you are posting on the forum. Maybe some of your luck will rub off on us. :ani_idea:

Thanks for the welcome. I totally agree about the B2, lots of fun and well behaved.

What would you regard as the proper lines for a B2? Mine came with 80' x 90#, but it's so quick that I'd think long lines would work well too.

As for my luck rubbing off, well, I figure mine is pretty well depleted for now. Let's see, one drawing about every 5 weeks, so ~10/year. With 300+ active subscribers I should be due again in just 30 years. Hopefully longer if Kitelife grows. But who knows? I for one believe the RNG is just what it says on the tin, so anything is possible. :P

• Like 1

As for my luck rubbing off, well, I figure mine is pretty well depleted for now. Let's see, one drawing about every 5 weeks, so ~10/year. With 300+ active subscribers I should be due again in just 30 years. Hopefully longer if Kitelife grows. But who knows? I for one believe the RNG is just what it says on the tin, so anything is possible. :ani_idea:

Anything but winning the very next drawing. Winners are disqualified for one drawing. Sorry. But, then you are back with the rest of us "winless" peons.

JB; do you have info on who is the longest winless subscriber? A continuous, no-lapse subscription with never a win? I'd donate a number to that person for a drawing or two.

JB; do you have info on who is the longest winless subscriber? A continuous, no-lapse subscription with never a win? I'd donate a number to that person for a drawing or two.

It's probably Mark Ervin... Subscriber #5, signed up Oct 16, 2003, still on the same original PayPal subscription. :kid_devlish:

The next highest, active number is #24

I can only imagine what a B2 vented would be like - YUM. :P

Glad you won the kite, Khal, and glad you are posting on the forum. Maybe some of your luck will rub off on us. :kid_devlish:

Thanks for the welcome. I totally agree about the B2, lots of fun and well behaved.

What would you regard as the proper lines for a B2? Mine came with 80' x 90#, but it's so quick that I'd think long lines would work well too.

As for my luck rubbing off, well, I figure mine is pretty well depleted for now. Let's see, one drawing about every 5 weeks, so ~10/year. With 300+ active subscribers I should be due again in just 30 years. Hopefully longer if Kitelife grows. But who knows? I for one believe the RNG is just what it says on the tin, so anything is possible. :)

I think I enjoy my Rev 2's on 50# lines best - seems to match their size better than 90#. 80 ft or so is a blast, but each length will give you a different experience. I was pleased at the response on 120 ft 90# lines, but I think I prefer 50# 80 ft lines - emphasizes their speed. All very personal and condition dependent. You'll have to search for your own sweet spots. :P :P

I think I enjoy my Rev 2's on 50# lines best - seems to match their size better than 90#. 80 ft or so is a blast, but each length will give you a different experience. I was pleased at the response on 120 ft 90# lines, but I think I prefer 50# 80 ft lines - emphasizes their speed. All very personal and condition dependent. You'll have to search for your own sweet spots. :kid_devlish::)

I'm also a fan of 50# on Rev II or B2... No line drag to speak of, the kite is unencumbered... Will take a decent amount of wind before there's danger of line breakage.

My favorite length on the B2 is 90 ft, short enough to be responsive, long enough to cover some sky.

I think I enjoy my Rev 2's on 50# lines best - seems to match their size better than 90#. 80 ft or so is a blast, but each length will give you a different experience. I was pleased at the response on 120 ft 90# lines, but I think I prefer 50# 80 ft lines - emphasizes their speed. All very personal and condition dependent. You'll have to search for your own sweet spots. :):P

I'm also a fan of 50# on Rev II or B2... No line drag to speak of, the kite is unencumbered... Will take a decent amount of wind before there's danger of line breakage.

My favorite length on the B2 is 90 ft, short enough to be responsive, long enough to cover some sky.

Thanks for the recommendations, guys. Looks like I'll need to break down and buy some 50# lines. Been meaning to do that anyway.:kid_devlish: