• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LS Kite Stakes

LS Kite Stakes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:28 AM

While at WSIKF, i bought a 19' banner pole from one of the vendors. My thought was to make a banner I can put up at festivals so folks could see where I was set up so they could find me if they wanted one of the kite stakes I make. I would also love to join in the march of colors next year at WSIKF, as a way to advertise my hobby business. I would like to sew my own, but need to know what matierials to use, and where to get them. If anyone knows of a website with some sort of how to that would be revelant, that would be very helpful too. This would also give me some expierience sewing so I could start making a few kites of my own in the future. I figure a banner is not as hard to sew and get "right" as a kite would be. I did look at a few banners and how they were put together, so basic construction I have a fair idea of.

LS Banner.jpg

Walt Ellis
LS Custom Kite Accessories
maker of The Original Marble Kite Stake

AEACC <------Link takes you to my YouTube page!

Kitelife Subscriber #478

aka_sm.gif Pilot #128044

#2 vraun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:54 AM

Your best bet would be to check the kitebuilder forum:

You can also get your supplies from them too

#3 --Pete

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • 623 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:56 AM

What Vaino said. The sample pack (of random fabric) should be enough to make several banners, if you are willing to take "pot luck' as to colors.
#833, the one, the only. (LIFETIME!)

e-Cigs - a new way to deal with nicotine addiction. (At least I can get away from all the c**p in the smokey ones. Smoke-free since Sept 2011.)

My main web pages
New house

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In