As many of you know, I've been experimenting with various platforms and formats for the bi-monthly Kitelife e'zine...
Here are just some of the ongoing issues that just never seem to get sorted, and continue to bother me:
- A single shared login site-wide... In order to have this (for members, subscribers, authors, admins, etc), the forum software is the only reliable way to go.
- Using two different softwares (like Invision forum and Wordpress site) also means TWO updates every time a new version comes out for either, custom themes, etc.
- Our currently different site layout between magazine and forum, totally different set of navigation links, content, etc... I'd love to see a single front door for all.
- Lately, there sometimes isn't enough contributed material out there to easily come up with a full range of robust content in each issue.
Again, that's just a smattering of the sentiments I have on this issue... So my question is:
Would you still read the magazine if our articles were placed in the forum instead, as new topics in a dedicated area?
- You'd easily know when new articles have been added, because they'd appear in the "View New Content" area.
- Discussion could instantly ensue from each article, by way of your normal forum reply method.
- *Everything* would be searchable through a single database since it would all be on the forum.
- I think we would still have "issues" of sorts, perhaps by using a new topic area like this:
Just lobbing it out there for discussion and consideration, I'm really looking forward to your thoughts and replies.
Thanks all for being here... I know I'm not always super active, but I'm here too and appreciate the support.