Dano Wright

Fulton Harbor --- TX

6 posts in this topic

went to the park at Fulton Harbor, slight breezes, but enough to launch rev I [one of my favs] flew under the street ghts for a hour or so ,, winds would crash, dropping the kite periodically, county deputy stopped to ask "you ok?? as i was sitting in chair with kite flat on ground--- "just flying my kite and texting my pals" --- he was shocked -!!- should have told him i was a certifiable windjunkie and needed my head examined!!????LOL--

a good spot to fly on 60 footers, breezes usually in over the harbor and boats a little dirty but manageable --

Create Custom T-Shirts

Thanks for sharing this... What were you flying?

And, any chance you'd be up for adding it to www.kitemap.org with a disclaimer about the field space and conditions? ;)

sure -- will add to kitemap. -- will add the Rockport Beach Kite Circle as well [designated kite sports area within park]--

BTW was flying a REV I with lite upper frame, 60 foot lineset, extended handles with adjusters, lite breezes, no groupies!?!?!? ;)

Cool, got 'em both approved on KiteMap, thanks Dano!

As for groupies... Try hip hop. ;)

went to the park at Fulton Harbor, slight breezes, but enough to launch rev I [one of my favs] flew under the street ghts for a hour or so ,, winds would crash, dropping the kite periodically, county deputy stopped to ask "you ok?? as i was sitting in chair with kite flat on ground--- "just flying my kite and texting my pals" --- he was shocked -!!- should have told him i was a certifiable windjunkie and needed my head examined!!????LOL--

a good spot to fly on 60 footers, breezes usually in over the harbor and boats a little dirty but manageable --

Sounds like you had a great time Mr. windjunkie! hehehe On Cape Cod there are a lot of places people fly kites but I never seen any like these. Going to have to invest in a few different types next year and become a windjunkie too! Thanks for sharing!

Hi Lisa, welcome to the forum. ;)