KiteLife Forum

Sad news...

John Barresi

For those who haven't heard, Sue Sedgwick (aka Taft) passed away at 8pm EST last night... One of our earliest pioneers, a beautiful performer, and lovely human, she will be dearly missed.

When I first started flying way back in 1990, she was one of the first master fliers that I got to watch... Both her and Lee have been a source of inspiration ever since.

Any and all who knew Sue should be encouraged to share some words about her for inclusion with a memorium article in the nnext issue.

So sad to hear. From what I recall, way back when I was still flying Hyperkites and Hawaiians, stunt kite competition, team flying and team ballet were still in their infancy. Lee and Sue were almost always mentioned in the same sentence with anything to do with team flying, along with a few other pioneers. I think there were only 2 kite publications at the time, Kiting and Kitelines. Same for any write up they contained about stunt kites and team competitions, which would be almost every issue. :wacko:

I am sorry to say, I never had the honor of knowing her.... I can only hope that someday, someone will teach me something that she taught them.... sometimes thats the best way to remember someone....

hugs to all of you feeling a major loss...

mousie

She and Lee have always been an inspiration to us on the west coast, too.

:D WOW ! .......... I am stunned again! :w00t: Am I getting old or what? Sue seemed so young to me even tho after all these years (I guess it has been over 20 years) She was still too young for this passing. WOW, my thoughts go to Lee and family... I can't believe this.... :wacko:

As a past MCEE for alot on the West Coast, I have always enjoyed Sue. She has always been an innovator and one to cause all to stop and see what she is going to do next. Her grace and calm (from a spectators view) she always had a way to make it all look easy.... We'll miss you Sue.

We have lost so many over the years to such an early age.... Have I really experienced that many people in Kiting? or is there some attraction (cosmic force) that brings one so close to beauty, creativity and peace, that make it closer to reaching heaven?

God Bless all of you!

:)

Have I really experienced that many people in Kiting? or is there some attraction (cosmic force) that brings one so close to beauty, creativity and peace, that make it closer to reaching heaven?

Very nicely said Underleaf...

hugs... mousie..