Beginner two line (foil?) (with a few caveats)...Prism Snapshot? Symphony?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 Rae

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

Try a New Tech Spirit. They're half the price of a Rev, and you can learn the basics on it. One good thing about the Spirit, it's rare that it will land in a position that it can't take off from. I enjoyed mine, and I only broke it once trying to fly in too much wind. That's why I have a vented Rev now, as well. I've resisted getting into Revs full on like a lot of these people, but I undertstand the appeal.
I wonder if you've considered a single line glider kite, as well. They're a little more fun than a single line that you just sit there and fly. Plus, you can fly them almost anywhere. I fly my glider kites using a wand, which would work well for someone who doesn't want to move too much.

I've done a lot of searching an although I can find some info and listings for the New Tech Spirit Quad, most seem to be discontinued or older sites. I did find something called the Volksquad (people's quad) on the New Tech website and was wondering if this has replaced the spirit? Or are they different companies altogether?? Here's a link to the Volksquad: http://newtechkites....quad-(Twilight)

I'd really be interested in hearing what you think.

this should fill you in on the whole glider thing...

I fly my glider in my living room when I need a quick fix !

Oh my gosh...I can't wait to read through this! Flying in your LR! How chill is THAT!!! :D

Thanks for the link, I'll read all through it.

#12 RobB

Kite Romantic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:51 AM

There are a few RTF quads out there, like the Volksquad, Mojo, Spirit. I have only flown the Spirit, and can say it's OK. There are many more experienced quad line fliers here than me that would have a more valuable opinion than mine. The problem with the cheap quads is that they're not built as well as a Rev, and the linesets that they come with will have to be fiddled with more than a quality set. I know you can get a Rev for just a few more $$$ than one of these other quads, but then you have to get linesets and handles, which pretty much doubles the price of something like a Spirit. The Spirit still seems be be for sale on eBay, BTW.
You could also post a wanted-to-buy add on one of these sites once you decide what you'd like to fly...

Kitebag slideshow...

Kiting with Me at some local beaches...

#13 Wayne Dowler

Wayne Dowler

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Kitelife Subscriber
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:24 AM

I've been lurking, reading some of the info and agree for the most part!! But at the mention of gliders, it got my attention!! There's a whole new craze going on with gliders!! Some are so small, you can fly them in your LR or kitchen!! They also fill a big hole when there is such a light wind that nothing will fly!! Check out the article here on Kitelife about some of them available!!
I had no idea so much fun was at the end of one line!!!

Wayne :
You have two choices - live or die! I ain't the dying type!!

Also known on the forums as "stroke survivor" or "portland flyer"!!

Subscriber # 844       001110000011010000110100

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

AKA Member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In