KiteLife Forum

Great Lakes Kite Festival 2012 (May 18-20)

--Pete

Grand Haven State Park, Grand Haven, Michigan.

Weather Underground is predicting great weather - not too hot, not too cold. WIND from off the water or up the beach at reasonable speeds.

See you all there!

I was floored to see exactly ZERO attendees from IKE in Grand Haven this year, surprising with it being so close... ?

Pete, thanks again for dinner on Friday, and for your general friendship. :)

Gerrit (Racer), awesome to see you again, you and Mac (please say hi for me) were doing GREAT, keep up the good work!

I was floored to see exactly ZERO attendees from IKE in Grand Haven this year, surprising with it being so close... ? ...

Well, not true John ... Don and Cyd from Wisconsin, Donna Hutchins from Missouri, and Steve and his son, David, from Illinois were there. It's just that without me there, it does seem rather quiet!!!

Next year I'll be back!!!

Cheers,

Tom

Ah right, true enough Tom... I spoke with them, just didn't put 2+2 without the prolific red shirts. :)

We talked Sunday morning (and I flew your extra vent for a few minutes). I think I was wearing my red shirt . . . perhaps it was pre-coffee for you (and something like 7 am PST). Thanks for the pointers, BTW.

You are correct - IKE attendance not prolific, and I think David and I were the only ones wearing the red shirts. I was a bit bummed that we didn't have a greater contingent at Grand Haven. It was my first time there, and I thought it was great. There were several other festivals the same weekend - (including Chicago and Valporaiso) that competed for IKE attendance. Al Sparling was another IKEr in attendance. He was the field director for the big show kites field, and we spent most of our time over there as I brought a big delta.

Great routines, BTW, as always.

Kick a girl when she's already Down! :blue_sad:

...Dang, Missed this one...and ya had to remind me!

:clap; WINDerFULL artistic-video kudos to TK! ...Almost like I was there! ...ALMOST!!!!! :kid_cussing:

Awesome video, thanks for posting. It was a great weekend.

Now Jynx . . . . you know you can't complain about missing this one when you've been flying on the beach all winter while we had snow and rain . . . . maybe next year, you'll come north a little bit earlier!

Now Jynx . . . . you know you can't complain about missing this one when you've been flying on the beach all winter while we had snow and rain . . . . maybe next year, you'll come north a little bit earlier!

Shhhhhhhh....Just when I had them feeling sorry for me! :ani_whistling:(?????)

Where to next Jynx?

We going to see you this year?

John ~ Thanks for asking... it means a lot to me!

I've been truly blessed to have the opportunity, and ability, to travel to so many fests in the past... most to warmer places than what my past Wisconsin non-flying winters had given me. Unfortunately I missed Grand Haven, but it's on my calendar for next year.

The wonderfully-warm out-of-state winter-season fests are amazing and I've been absent from many this winter. The fests (and 'Party') gave me the perfect motivation to travel, the opportunity to meet old friends and make new ones, to party with the best-of-the-best, and gather some of the most WINDerFULL memories one could only dream of.

Another dream that came true... I recently acquired a place in the sun in New Smyrna Beach Florida for my wintry retirement months...a paradise for me. Ocean shore flying most everyday and even a few grassy knolls if I want. All this along with some new friends who I've brought to our Dark-Side, Lake Ashby in my backyard, and warmth and sun most everyday, who could ask for more? ...good ol' Denny even popped-in for a visit!

Treasure Island 2013 is certainly a "go" for me as it's just a hop, skip, and a gelandesprung from Villa-Jynx ...and hopefully I'll see some familiar faces there and at our Wisconsin, and nearby states, festivals this summer!

You can't get rid of me that easy!

"EG" :lips:

post-3749-0-40241000-1338261727_thumb.jp

• Like 1