KiteLife Forum

Looking to start Robert Brasington collection

Tmadz

Hi everyone. I'm realtively new to kiting in general. I love stunt kiting, but also enjoy SLK's a lot. In particular I am really drawn to Robert Brasingtons designs. I am looking to start a collection of his kites, but am starting with a extremely limited budget for now. I'm looking for as much information as possible on him and his designs so that I may compile a kite list and a gallery for myself. Also, what kites of his do you own and which ones you do or don't like. I know he has licensed some designs to New Tech. I have a paper airplane that I really like but one other I bought I am not satisfied with it at all, but that came down to materials and not design. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Todd

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

G'day Tmadz,

Did you end up getting any Brasso's?

I like his deltas and the way they are so narrow and pointed. Not like any I have seen before.

I am going to get a "Shintaro", really gothic looking. Kind of a angel of the underworld.

Also considering, down the track a bit, a train of the "Heart of Darkness". Beautiful and elegant looking set.

Rob

Rob't B'ton,.... great kites,... by an ever greater feller from down under!

The misses collects Robert's stuff, but my bride never wants anything commercially available. She'll follow Robert into his open hotel room and start rummaging around thru his luggage until she finds something he doesn't want to part with or didn't even know he'd brought along. That's the piece she is taking home, we just have to agree upon a price.

His home-builts always fly very well and Rob't prides himself on keeping kites in the air at all times. He's a festival main-stay around the globe!

Good luck with your mission Todd, you have chosen wisely.

Hi Todd. Robert has some great kites.

Are you interested in making kites? Wanted to let you know that Robert will be teaching two classes at U-MAKE, Upper Midwest Area Kitemaking Event. The workshop is Feb 28th - Mar 2, 2014 at the Lorado Taft Field Campus in Oregon, IL. (a 1 hour drive from Sugar Grove).

The U-MAKE website is www.u-make.org .

We will be opening up registration soon. We are also on facebook, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Upper-Midwest-Area-Kitemaking-Event/114371531958477#!/pages/Upper-Midwest-Area-Kitemaking-Event/114371531958477

Hi Todd. Robert has some great kites.

Are you interested in making kites? Wanted to let you know that Robert will be teaching two classes at U-MAKE, Upper Midwest Area Kitemaking Event. The workshop is Feb 28th - Mar 2, 2014 at the Lorado Taft Field Campus in Oregon, IL. (a 1 hour drive from Sugar Grove).

The U-MAKE website is www.u-make.org .

We will be opening up registration soon. We are also on facebook, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Upper-Midwest-Area-Kitemaking-Event/114371531958477#!/pages/Upper-Midwest-Area-Kitemaking-Event/114371531958477

That's awesome news. I will have to check the calendar to see if I can make his workshop. I had no idea he was coming. Unfortunately, I am a novice and the skills needed might be beyond my capability right now.

I did end up buying one original from a US dealer and have purchased most of his licensed designs.

Not sure if you came upon this already, but at least for other browsers...

Robert's website - http://robertbrasingtonkites.com

Top notch kites, top notch fellow. :)

Oh yes. A long time ago. The spirit is willing, but the wallet is weak. I still go out there and gaze longingly once in a while. C'mon lottery.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Just what talents and skill does one need to take full advantaage of this weekend? I don't sew, I don't have a sewing machine but have been flying for 35 years and not against learning a new skill. However, I wouldn't want to waste time and money if you really should be at a certain skill level to understand, appreciate and function well in this group.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...