KiteLife Forum

IKE retreat, Fun fly at the Indiana dunes!

darkspark

Wanted to extend an invitation to a fun fly organized by IKE. The fly will be at the Indiana Sand Dunes National Park. September 29 and 30. We will be flying all day, having dinner and hanging out, then doing it all again the next day. We will be staying at a local hotel. The park is a great place to fly, with winds typically coming down the beach or off the water. There will be quite a few Rev fliers, and some dualie and single line stuff to top it off. You can see the discussion on the IKE forum here... http://www.ikeclub.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2069

All are welcome!

• Like 1

I m looking forward to it. I just subscribed to IKE last week. I am a 2 line guy now (3 prisms in 2 months plus a Zephyr in the mail),but have my Rev all picked out.... my birthday is Sept 30th..... so if anyone wants to chip in.... it would make for a really great day! First IKE fly.... NEW REV.... all we need is some wind! :)

I m looking forward to it. I just subscribed to IKE last week. I am a 2 line guy now (3 prisms in 2 months plus a Zephyr in the mail),but have my Rev all picked out.... my birthday is Sept 30th..... so if anyone wants to chip in.... it would make for a really great day! First IKE fly.... NEW REV.... all we need is some wind! :)

We shall warmly welcome you to the "Dark-Side" at the retreat! ...There will be a multitude of Revs for you to fly!

See ya there!

We shall warmly welcome you to the "Dark-Side" at the retreat! ...There will be a multitude of Revs for you to fly!

See ya there!

First taste is free......

G'day, my name's Rob and I'm a Revoholic. Help yourself to what's in my bag.

• Like 1

See ya there!

Don't be fooled by the easy platitudes or the free cookies.

I like the power.... the control! I feel it pulling me in! Wait.... I am running towards it! Dang u DARK SIDERS!

Honestly, i can't wait to meet some of you and learn all i can! I am still accepting the fact that i am addicted to kites! Its been hot rods, paintball, gyms for my entire life, but i think meeting some other addicts will allow me to fully accept and fuel my addiction.

Thank you

Jim

• Like 1

I like the power.... the control! I feel it pulling me in! Wait.... I am running towards it! Dang u DARK SIDERS!

Honestly, i can't wait to meet some of you and learn all i can! I am still accepting the fact that i am addicted to kites! Its been hot rods, paintball, gyms for my entire life, but i think meeting some other addicts will allow me to fully accept and fuel my addiction.

Thank you

Jim

Oh NO problem there! ...We're here to suck-you-in help in any way we can! :ani_whistling:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3:30 hrs/215 miles for me. I was considering it but something else came up and I can't make it. Maybe next year if IKE does it again.

I had a great time, even though I only made it for one day. One of the IKE members loaned me a Rev. on which I spent most of the afternoon practicing. They're already talking about doing it again next year.