KiteLife Forum

Transition period..,

Awesome, awesome, thank you! :)

FYI, TK and I are just back from Marseille France (yesterday)...

Playing catch up all day today and tomorrow, then off to another festival in Yachats, OR.

Good news, thanks to one particularly large donation (I'll leave it to the patron to claim credit if they like) we have reached our first goal and will be giving away the Zen very, very soon, using every entry from 0-500. ;)

Endless gratitude and regards!

• Like 1

Alright folks, let's get ZEN...

As promised, each dollar donated from $1 to $500 counts as a drawing number. ;)

I'll use initials, just to show the distribution:

• $1 to $20, thanks PT. :)
  • $21 to $70, thanks PM. :)
  • $71 to $75, thanks DC. :)
  • $76 to $95, thanks JC. :)
  • $96 to $105, thanks WD. :)
  • $106 to $125, thanks SL. :)
  • $126 to $135, thanks JF. :)
  • $136 to $160, thanks KM. :)
  • $161 to $260, thanks MI. :)
  • $261 to $265, thanks MC. :)
  • $266 to $315, thanks BR. :)
  • $316 to $500, thanks MI. :)
    ** If anyone wants to claim credit for their #'s here on the forum, I have no issues with it, I'm surely grateful.

Drum roll please...

Using the same random sequence generator as usual, the lucky winner is #($)223!

Congratulations to MI, just send me an email with your shipping address and I'll get it out in the mail. :)

==

Now, what else can we give away? <grin>

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is this fundraising effort still ongoing. Anyone interested in reviving the effort. How about $10 from the subscribers? Only takes 50 of us to get to that next level. Let's give back to John and everyone at KiteLife for the efforts they make for all of us. Hell, I bet we could talk John into making it a monthly thing separate from the subscriber giveaway. Do it as a reverse raffle where everyone that ponied up is in the pot to start and each day a couple of people are drawn and eliminated? How about it? Anyone else in?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

I am writing first to thank you for your show of faith and donation toward KiteLife's move to Long Beach, your participation at a time of need is appreciated beyond words.

That being said, I must also provide and important update that you should be aware of.

My personal life is evolving quite a lot as my wife TK and I are building our world together... TK is Japanese-born (immigrated here just 3 years ago), and we've come to the late realization that Long Beach has no Japanese community available, which is very integral to my wife's happiness and personal employment, making it clearly integral to my own happiness.

With that in mind, we'll *still* be moving our base of operations but it's likely to be in greater Portland... Hopefully nearer to open fields with a larger place (office and kite workshop) due to lower rent/own costs closer the edge of Portland proper, but our previous goal of integrating with the Long Beach community just won't be possible.

The move (and travel to/from the beach) will still require added resources (purchase of a vehicle, setting up a kite workshop, etc), but this is NOT the plan you knowingly supported so we are refunding your entire donation.

We have already refunded almost of the Long Beach donations, either as a reversal through the fundraising service (if done in the last 45 days or so) or via PayPal, and the remainder ($105 total) will be refunded once the donors have responded with payment information.

Deepest apologies for the significant change in plans, but we wanted to be 100% on the up and up.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

• Like 1

Sorry to have mixed signals here - the original drive in this topic is/was still active in theory, although we're not doing any drawings on it at the moment... We've initiated refunds toward specific Move KiteLife to Long Beach donations made using the GoFundMe service I'd set up.

*feeling sheepish*

That being said, I must also provide and important update that you should be aware of.

My personal life is evolving quite a lot as my wife TK and I are building our world together...

John... read these couple of lines over. You do realize what I thought you were going to say next... :cat_shocked:

These things happen. In 2005 we were going down a path of a big life change, and had to reverse course. Something we really wanted to do, but realized it wasn't such a good idea after all. It was certainly deflating at the time, but we found a different direction to go (one year later), and I couldn't be happier now.

This will work out for the better. You'll see...

~Rob.

• Like 2

John... read these couple of lines over. You do realize what I thought you were going to say next... :cat_shocked:

LOL! Yeah, not quite yet. :)

As for unexpected changes in plans, yes, I have unfailing faith in "all things at the right time"... It simply wasn't time, there's something else to do here from Portland, I'm just waiting to see what it will be. <grin>

In another year or two, maybe try for LB again, it's still in our sights. :)

• Like 2

Wink & a nod... I know you guys will be great at whatever comes next !

Looking forward to meeting you Kitelifers in Wildwood this spring. We'll be there Thursday-Sunday. Condo set, just have to put in my time in the company calendar !