KiteLife Forum

One Sky, One World Fun Fly

Jay Farlow

What: Local fun fly as part of the 26th annual One Sky One World International Kite Fly for Peace, which takes place in hundreds of worldwide locations each year on the second Sunday of October. All fliers of any kind of kite, including single-line, dual-line and quad-line, are welcome.

When: Sunday, October 14, 2012, noon to 4 p.m.

Where: Trinity Church, 9600 St. Joe Road, Fort Wayne, Indiana 46835. See a map.

Contact: Jay Farlow, jmfarlow@gmail.com, 260-267-JAYF (5293)

• Like 1

Lets see what the work schedule looks like. I will try to make it!

Cool. It's incredibly informal. No idea how many people will show up. Might be just me! If the weather forecast looks bad therefore, I wouldn't make the trip if I were you. But if everything works out, we'd be happy to have you!

• 3 weeks later...

As of Oct. 12, the Oct. 14 forecast does not look good (see below). For day-of event updates, see www.hoosierkite.org.

Sunday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 70. Breezy, with a south wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Canceled due to high winds. Might try again Oct. 21.

Sky was a little overcaste but wind was great here, Western Australia. Took the kids, 7 & 4, out and gave them a go on my SLE. Put up my little foil for them so we could fly together. Also gave away a little dualie delta to a kid cause his kite's sail was rotten to the point of unflyable. That felt good!

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone.