KiteLife Forum

Revolution 25th Anniversary - 100 strong at WSIKF! (Aug 19-24, 2013)

John Barresi

Come to Long Beach for what is likely to the biggest Rev party ever held, and an attempt to break the existing Rev mega fly world record (currently 64 kites) with 100 pilots or more in attendance!

NOTE: Actual record attempts will likely be held on Thu/Fri/Sat, but those new to GRID format are advised to come a couple days early to study and practice, or just come to observe, learn from some of the best pilots in the world and have fun.

==

For more information, take a look at the event in our Kitelife calendar...

Or, visit our event page on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/events/414867438580073/

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Practice up Matt!! Things you learn at the clinic will work, but only if you put in the time afterwards to make it stick!! There is no substitute for "time on the lines"!! Understand - the clinic will show you the way, but you gotta walk the path!! Look forward to meeting you this weekend at Windless!! :ani_victory:

• Like 2

Peggy and I would love to see this. Unfortunately, the festival falls on the first week of classes at the college where she teaches. It's hard enough for professors to get personal time off when classes are in session, but imagine trying to do that the first week of classes!

• 3 weeks later...
As for the teleporter - wouldn't it be nice to go anywhere and then return to your own bed at night!! :ani_yahoo:

you need a VW westy! i go anywhere and sleep in my own bed anywhere i go. ill have it at WSIKF and all up and down the coast this year. ill probably take it to a few other festivals. when i am at home i am known to sleep in it durring the summer in my driveway. its more comfortable and homey then my bed at home.

• Like 3

Oh Matt. Sometimes I wish I had done that when I was younger. I have cemented my self with commitments now. Maybe when my kids get older I can leave them in charge of my business and run off to WSIKF, Kite Party or Antelope Island and tour.

As for the teleporter - wouldn't it be nice to go anywhere and then return to your own bed at night!! :ani_yahoo:

you need a VW westy! i go anywhere and sleep in my own bed anywhere i go. ill have it at WSIKF and all up and down the coast this year. ill probably take it to a few other festivals. when i am at home i am known to sleep in it durring the summer in my driveway. its more comfortable and homey then my bed at home.

A guy I work with has a sign on his door that says "Home is where I parked it."

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

We are thinking about heading up on Sat for day trip. How is the traffic/parking etc.? There is only one road in and out that I'm aware of. We would love to check out the festival, but as for now the fear of nasty traffic/parking and crowds are have us leaning towards skipping it.

Saturday day trip - my advise, leave home early to get a good parking spot once you're there! Leaving shouldn't be bad. They have a big parking lot and the walk to the flight field isn't too long! Plus, there are tents and pop-ups with all kinds of stuff for sale, jewelry, kite stuff, food, etc!! Since it is a weekend, yes there will be crowds, can't avoid that!