KiteLife Forum

$250 Gift Certificate (12/15/12)

John Barresi

Sorry folks, I've employed a new method for this drawing. Just got the notification from Dave that my new kite was shipped this afternoon ... first Rev 1 in the kite bag. So, I'm SO SURE of my number being drawn that the money has already been spent.

Again, sorry folks,

Tom

• Like 1

Baloo - You do mean the RNG, don't you?? :ani_giveup: Wouldn't want to upset the machine responsible for picking #s, eh? :ani_idea:

I did mean JB, he needs to give the RNG the kicking of its life, might scramble what little brains the thing has and accidently draw my number, for this AND the B2.

And yes I know I risk it's wrath by taunting it directly like this, an act of desparation, nothing I have tried yet has made any difference at all, I am sure that if I bought 1,000 Subsriptions the hateful little thing would still not draw any of my numbers. Spiteful hateful RNG, worse at letting things go than Gollum, my precious!

Here we go. :)

#194, expired...

Whoa, that didn't take long, second try!

#969, our lucky winner is Jay Farlow (aka Hoosier on the forums)!

Congrats Jay, nice one - sorry for those who didn't get drawn, still two more great prizes (Kymera and B2) on the table in the next 2 months!

Good luck to all, sometimes I wish I could play favorites but that friggin' RNG just won't budge. :)

Holy cow, what a surprise! Thanks, to the random number generator, to John for a great site and to The Kite Connection for supporting the site. Looks like it might be time for my first foray into the dark side. I'm open to suggestions on what to buy for my first Rev.

• Like 2

Assuming you have Midwest light to medium winds, especially variable speed, a standard (non-vented) sail would probably be ideal, but there are a couple of choices left to be made. ;)

Tons of first-time buyer info here...

http://www.revkites.com/forum/forum/27-buying-your-first-rev/

Looking at the Kite Connection's website, it looks like your certificate would totally cover an SLE ($188 on sale) w/ add-on 90# line set ($50)... A call or email to Dave at the store and he'll sort you out, he's a longtime Rev dealer and a skilled flier himself. ;)

Two SLE colors at that price...

http://www.kiteconnection.com/cgi-bin/store.cgi?session=2888167z8zrNsNXHSg1355569328&username=&lang=en&session=2888167z8zrNsNXHSg1355569328&username=&lang=en&act=product_view&id=743&cat=&return_action=category&SQL_START=%200&SQL_PAGE=12

http://www.kiteconnection.com/cgi-bin/store.cgi?session=2888167z8zrNsNXHSg1355569328&username=&lang=en&session=2888167z8zrNsNXHSg1355569328&username=&lang=en&act=product_view&id=189&cat=&return_action=category&SQL_START=%200&SQL_PAGE=12

If you think there's a chance you'll really like it, all bias aside, I'd suggest serious consideration of the B-Series ($299 w/out lines)... Comes with two frames, better performing sail design, tuning leaders are already on the handles... Around $150 out of pocket, but a darned good value if you're keen.

Regardless, the SLE is still a great kite with the addition of $2 worth of bridle line for DIY tuning leaders.

And last but not least, as a subscriber, you also have full access to all the KiteLife video tutorials. ;)

Have fun, tell us all about it! :D