John Barresi

Regular Amazon shopper?

On 11/10/2017 at 8:19 PM, Lisa Bernard / Kiteworld said:

Really guys... support small business..., Amazon , really!!! Who do you look to if need advice, parts tips, and real customer service! Contact your local shops and see how much they may be willing to beat Amazon pricing and  support kiteflyers to keep their doors open for future kite flyers. It's that or Lets all help Amazon kill small business.

I look here for advice. My “local” kite shop is a 4 hour drive away at the beach. 

If you go to Amazon by linking through KiteLife, a percentage of what you spend is given to KiteLife. It helps keep KiteLife afloat. So, if you buy from Amazon, link through KiteLife. 

Check the first page of this thread to understand.

• Like 1

Thanks Mark.

The other unmentioned issue is that the number of educated staff in kite shops or even true kite-centric (not just titled) shops are fewer and fewer every year, while in theory, the amount of online information and education is increasing.

One of the core items on my “what should I tackle” list is the long road to competency that most first time buyers face when they buy a kite from anyplace that is NOT well versed (or invested) in kiting.

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 1

And as a recap, again, anyone who shops for the holidays (or any time of year) can get exactly the same experience and prices if they use our link to get to Amazon...

http://kitelife.com/other-links/amazon/

Just search up what you want from that page (bookmark it!), then you’ll be taken directly to Amazon’s website with a small % of whatever you buy going to support our efforts.

KiteLife has ZERO access to customer information or who made purchases, we can only see what was ordered and what % is earned for KL.

Thanks for your support. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 1