Basic, but hopefully useful. :)

==

Improved the search function on our main website

• now draws on Google's search results
  • can sort results by date or relevance
  • can search images only if you wish
  • search terms now clearer
    http://www.kitelife.com/search-results/?search=uchinada+japan

Cleaned up our quirky flow when logging in or out...

• ALL login pages now redirect to the forum for correct functionality
  • taken back to the same page after login
  • logout from the forum, taken to the forum index
  • logout from the main site, taken to the main site index

Added dedicated page for our YouTube channel videos

Ah, that would probably be us putting a security module back in... We were getting hammered by hack attempts which were slowing and knocking the server offline, seems to have been mostly eliminated now. ;)

Where you should see the biggest difference though, is the log in and log out process - just a bit smoother with regard to what pages you're taken to before, during and after.

• 1 month later...

John - just a heads up, but the toolbar over the box to post, isn't working for me!! Yesterday, it wouldn't accept any of my posts, telling me that I needed to type a reply in first! At least today I can post, but all the features aren't working for me!!

Just checked editing - ok!

Images on my signature are displayed here, but not on the Rev forum!

Not sure if it's an interaction between Tapatalk and Kitelife but on topics with more than one page it only loads up the first page. Eg, Kymera drawing, I can select "next page" and "previous page" but it only loads the 1st page.

I can still see it from a normal pc though.

Tapatalk for iPhone.

No prob - at least I can see and respond to things, just not in the usual manner!! Also no boxes to separate quotes from other forum members!!

Get better my friend!!

Just to confirm I know what you're talking about, the quote box shows when replying or editing a post, but does not wrap the quoted text when you're just reading a topic and posts like normal, right?

If so, I'm aware of the issue and am already working on it, thanks - stay tuned. :)

Okay, uploaded the new files - should work now, hopefully?

Testing on my iPhone with the $250 Gift Certificate topic in Current Drawings (3 pages), I'm able to browse all three pages with no problem - please confirm. ;)

YOU'RE A BONZA BLOKE JB!!! All working as it should. Thanks heaps.

Tapatalk for iPhone.

• Like 1

I guess it doesn't matter, but everything seems to be working perfectly, on my "regular old laptop, with real keys". :cat_sick:

Otherwise, I hope that some of these "general site improvements", have re-tuned my Luck-o-Meter. Things haven't been going real well, with the old RNG, over in some of the other threads ! :(

• Like 3

Still got a faded blue toolbar over my post box!! All the functions on it are not available for me!! Using Chrome and XP system! But I can post!! I'll see if refreshing the page makes any difference!! Refreshing didn't do anything!! Toolbar starts dark, but fades quickly as post box forms for the text!

No prob - at least I can see and respond to things, just not in the usual manner!! Also no boxes to separate quotes from other forum members!!

Get better my friend!!

Just to confirm I know what you're talking about, the quote box shows when replying or editing a post, but does not wrap the quoted text when you're just reading a topic and posts like normal, right?

If so, I'm aware of the issue and am already working on it, thanks - stay tuned. :)

When I quoted another post, that quote wasn't being "boxed in" like usual! Looks right now!!

• Like 1

Dumped my cookies and browsing history, all working fine now!! :ani_victory: Must be a case of "old man" syndrome, bleeping new technology!!! :ani_giveup:

On a side note - does anybody remember when a remote control was telling your youngest to change the channel?? :ani_whistling:

Just checking to see if everything is good!! YAH!!

Just left a post on the Rev forum - you are using the same symbol for the tabs on both forums!! Makes it a little confusing unless you're on the home page of each!!

• Like 1