KiteLife Forum

Eyes in the sky

Very cool indeed! I was debating on a 24 myself. Cheap and readily available at just about any shop. I put my sled order off unfortunately.... But with the adventure in December, I just may have to rethink that:) Any one seen the HP GoPro style setup? Only a buck fifty.....

This is one of my

'happy places'...

It's what makes it worth living in NY and dealing with everything that gives NY a bad name.

Scott, the PS 24 is certainly worth the $$$, it sets up and flies in less than a minute, it takes another 30 seconds to hang the camera. AND, it's durable... I've had mine for years, and still jumps into the sky on a moment's notice, hauling up just about anything that you tie to it.

• Like 1

Scott, the PS 24 is certainly worth the $$$, it sets up and flies in less than a minute, it takes another 30 seconds to hang the camera. AND, it's durable... I've had mine for years, and still jumps into the sky on a moment's notice, hauling up just about anything that you tie to it.

Hey Rob,

What do you hang on the sled - a tail, a tube tail, multiple tails, or a drogue ?

I've got a Gomberg Super Sled, with a 25' pennant tail, and that does great.

I've also got a brand new ITW Ultrafoil 15, which hasn't seen the sky yet. I think they recommend a drogue for that, so I made a 3' drogue, and a 4' drogue, which can be used independently, or in tandem......but still haven't put any of it in the air yet......

Just curious ? :ani_victory:

Yeah, I've been tempted to get a 36, BUT, the 24 is a beast in 15mph wind. The 24 will lift a GoPro without even noticing, but it did need at least 10mph of wind to lift my old remote controlled rig, but it weighed probably 5 times as much. Maybe more...

• Like 1