KiteLife Forum

iOS wind meter addon

Have an iPhone or Android and looking for a more compact wind meter solution?

KiteLife has arranged a special offer just for our readers - 15% off, simply enter Kitelife as a coupon code during checkout.

Works with iPhone, iPad, iPod, and all major Android devices.

The WeatherFlow Wind Meter is the first of its kind by a US-based manufacturer, having been engineered here then calibrated at the University of Florida's Aerospace Engineering Department. You know WeatherFlow from iKitesurf.com, iWindsurf.com, Wind Alert, SailFlow, and FishWeather. Needless to say, they've been around, they know windmeters, and this revolutionary product is no exception to their standard to view and share live-action weather.

post-1-0-00813500-1378324900_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-89977800-1378324900_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-45541900-1378324900_thumb.jpg

The Wind Meter works with a FREE App for your mobile iOS or Android devices recording wind speed (average, lull, and gusts), wind direction, and location. Precision readings (+/- 0.5% or 0.1m/s at up to 15 degrees off axis) in m/s, mph, knots, km/h, and beaufort scales with range from 2mph to 125 mph. Not only does the WeatherFlow Wind Meter come in rugged eco-friendly packaging that doubles as a handy storage case, it fits in your pocket when not in use. When attached, you can share on-site reports with WeatherFlow, Instagram, Vine, Twitter, SMS, Email, or Facebook.

At just $34.95 before discount, these are in high demand, pre-orders are being accepted now!

Order here - http://www.pksdistribution.com/proddetail.asp?prod=weatherflow_windmeter

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Please be advised, it has just come to my attention from a recent buyer that this wind meter does NOT work on Android yet - the app is reportedly still under development. :/

Sorry for any inconvenience, I've edited the lead post to reflect this news - anyone with an Android who purchased one should be able to obtain a full refund from the seller.

Mine should arrive on Monday, will let you all know how it works on my iPhone 4.

• Like 1

News for Android users:

Hello, Quick update, the ANDROID App for the new WeatherFlow windmeters has been hitting some bugs and they want to make certain everything is up and running properly before the releasing the App to the public. I apologize I didn't realize until after all these shipped that it wasn't already out, and have been working to figure out a true ETA on release.

They are putting a conservative estimate at OCTOBER 15th for release date. I will keep you updated as I know more. Thank you,

Brent Reagan

PKS Distribution

361-883-1584

WeatherFlow Wind Meter

Android Beta Testers *WANTED*

Hello WeatherFlow Wind Meter owner! We are looking for some help beta testing our Android version of the WeatherFlow Wind Meter app. If you have an Android phone and are interested in helping out, sign up below.

To get started, visit this TestFlight URL and sign up to become a beta tester:

http://tflig.ht/1gnTgUE

Android users:

The ANDROID APP for the WeatherFlow is now live!!

There are a few minor known issues, purely cosmetic, which are still being finalized, but the core operation of the app is all good and went live last night. Here is a link to it for customers, or they can just go to GooglePlay.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.weatherflow.windmeter