KiteLife Forum

Karma 9/20/2013 -- Vintage Revolution Supersonic

makatakam

It was our honor, John. Thank you for taking so much time with us when you were so busy. We really enjoyed the group flying demonstration you guys put on. It was especially impressive knowing that you all had never flown together like that before. My wife Terry and I are eager to get a pair of Revs and join the fun!

Hey Nick, Welcome aboard. You're going to find a bunch of good folks, and a ton of good information, here on Kitelife. I'll assume you are from over on the LEFT coast (since you ran into Mr B today). Well, I'm way over here, on the RIGHT coast............ So, you keep John straight, over there.............ok................ :ani_victory: .

• Like 1

Sending some good Karma thoughts to our Into the Wind friends and all the people in Colorado dealing with the catastrophic flooding. Our sport is powered by nature, yet i never fail to be amazed by the peer of nature.

note: just saw on Facebook that ITW folks are doing okay so far.

• Like 2

Well, I saw pictures of the scene in the streets about two blocks from ITW, with the water gushing out of a manhole cover 10-15 feet into the air. They're lucky if they don't have any damage over on Pearl St. My sister is in CO, and her husband works for the state water authority. He's going to be really busy in the next couple of months before everything freezes up !

Oh, I'd like to be 'IN', BTW ! Would love a chance to fly something different...

• Like 1

Well, I saw pictures of the scene in the streets about two blocks from ITW, with the water gushing out of a manhole cover 10-15 feet into the air. They're lucky if they don't have any damage over on Pearl St. My sister is in CO, and her husband works for the state water authority. He's going to be really busy in the next couple of months before everything freezes up !

Oh, I'd like to be 'IN', BTW ! Would love a chance to fly something different...

So, would you like to be in, or are you in? You need to state it, "I am in", if you want to play.

• Like 1

New player, oldcaptainrusty. You are added to the list. 10 players now. Again, I wish you all the best of luck. I wish I had ten to give away! (John, you could probably help with that!) :ani_whistling::cat_lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick, so awesome you could fly with JB. I got to watch him perform with Iquad in Milwaukee, Wi about three years ago, and fly with him very briefly in between demos. I was still very newbie at the time and was amazed. Like you said, it's an honor and a learning experience. He even honored me by flying my home-made quad for a minute. Good man, real people person, always interested in anything that flies. GBY, John.

P.S. -- Received the Karma Gemini last Friday. Flew it Saturday. Bridle was out of adjustment. Had a sh__load of fun adjusting it and trying to get my head around it but the winds were being very Midwest, so I had to do the best I could from Benson's site's description. I think I've got it down, we'll see.

P.S.S. -- I love the kite, this may actually get back into dual-line, even though I think it's too much work. Sorry, I should have PM'd you this, but what the heck.

• Like 1

Hey Nick, Welcome aboard. You're going to find a bunch of good folks, and a ton of good information, here on Kitelife. I'll assume you are from over on the LEFT coast (since you ran into Mr B today). Well, I'm way over here, on the RIGHT coast............ So, you keep John straight, over there.............ok................ :ani_victory: .

Actually, we're everywhere. For the last 15 years we have lived and traveled all over the country fulltime in our motorhome, making our living on the road by publishing an RV travel newspaper called the Gypsy Journal and writing books. I'm brand new to kite flying and looking forward to sharing it with our readers. This is a perfect hobby for RVers - no huge investment, no heavy equipment to carry, no license required, and they can do it just about anywhere.

• Like 4

Sending some good Karma thoughts to our Into the Wind friends and all the people in Colorado dealing with the catastrophic flooding. Our sport is powered by nature, yet i never fail to be amazed by the peer of nature. note: just saw on Facebook that ITW folks are doing okay so far.

Yep, I was in touch with them, via email this morning. They were down Friday, but back up and running as normal Monday. They didn't have any damage at the store, and none of the merchandise was damaged, however, there are a few employees, having to relocate, temporarily, due to flooded basements / apartments, etc. All in all, they are all ok.............

Good deal.......... :)

• Like 2