KiteLife Forum

New friends

mystainedskin

At the recent gathering. I met some local fliers. Richard and Sue Carter.This is a sample of their collection. It was the day after i joined them and missed it, as we had light winds the day I was there. I look forward to my single line collection growing to this caliber one day :) Cant wait for our next outing in Jacksonville :ani_yahoo:post-7551-0-00383400-1378947651_thumb.jp

I don't know who took the picture, as i shared it from Sue......so I cant give credit where due.

Between Sue and Richard and the folks sharing so much from Kitingtampabay...... it has inspired me to take this single line journey for awhile :)

• Like 3

Before you know it, you'll be shopping for a bag just for single line kites....

Yep! I've got two, dual line kite bags, a quad line kite bag, and a single line kite bag, plus a flight box for the dual & quad linesets, spikes, straps, handles, etc, and now, there's a duffel bag, just to haul around, single line hoops, sand anchors, anchor straps, carabiners, pulleys, etc, etc, etc, just for the single line kites..................Sheesh ! Where does this stuff end?

Now let's see, I think I need a flowform / ultrafoil, or something like that ! I don't have one of those :cat_shy: and then maybe.................?

• Like 4

Now let's see, I think I need a flowform / ultrafoil, or something like that ! I don't have one of those :cat_shy: and then maybe.................?

I know what a flowform is but an ultrafoil... off to google I go. And that usually ends in a purchase!
  • Like 1

I know what a flowform is but an ultrafoil... off to google I go. And that usually ends in a purchase!
My understanding of an Ultrafoil....would just be a smaller version of the floform,skyform,sutton. Usually in the 15sqft range of surface area. Popular k.a.p. platform,small,powerful,stable lifter design... And higher wind use due to smaller design.

Yep! I've got two, dual line kite bags, a quad line kite bag, and a single line kite bag, plus a flight box for the dual & quad linesets, spikes, straps, handles, etc, and now, there's a duffel bag, just to haul around, single line hoops, sand anchors, anchor straps, carabiners, pulleys, etc, etc, etc, just for the single line kites..................Sheesh ! Where does this stuff end?

Come to Illinois and fly with me, please. Monster kite bags are common in this area.

@ SR.............

Well, as I understand it, the Ultrafoil 15, is an new and updated version of the Flowform. It's an "Into the Wind" kite http://www.intothewind.com/shop/Whats_New/ITW_UltraFoil_15_Kite , and only became available, either July or August 29th. Lot's of people were waiting on them. It's suppose to be great for KAP, Line Laundry (very stable), and for just plain fun flying. Good from 5 - 30 mph, and all that other stuff that "mystaynedskin" mentioned. The one review that I was able to find, is very good, and done by a guy in NZ, that has just about every SLK imaginable http://www.jimskites.co.nz/reviews.html . If you look at some of the KAP discussions, on line, you'll see what he was comparing it to.............he seems to think that this kite is made, exceptionally well, comparatively - I think I need one :cat_lol:, and I don't even KAP.

post-4670-0-74093700-1379424869_thumb.jp

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
yeah i have been looking into a ultrafoil 15. i have flown with the 10 for kat in higher winds. but for lower winds i think i need the ultrafoil 15.

Very kewl kite (Ultrafoil 15), if I could just find the time, the wind, and the appropriate place, to put it in the air, and not totally destroy it in a tree ! :ani_wallbash: