KiteLife Forum

B-Series Mid-Vent Package (12/1/13)

John Barresi

Are you back up and operational, Nick, or are you still creeping along with that old equipment?

Well, I was for a while. Got email working, got on Kitelife for a few posts, watched a couple of old You-Tube music videos, checked email again, and then went in to eat dinner. When I got back to the "new" laptop, all I had was a "black screen of death". Just came about, all on it's own - nobody even near the computer, and now, everything is locked down tight. Can't boot-up, can't shut down (except forced shut down with power button), and when I restart it with the power button, all I get is the same black screen, immediately. Actually, I'm getting close to taking it out back, and working on it with the 12 gauge ...........(Pretty fed up, at this point)

So to answer the original question.............back to "creeping along with the old equipment", plus quite a bit lighter on the hip ! Thanks for asking, though !

ps.....I would insert some emoticons at this point, but there are none on KL, that quite fit the way I feel right now, nor would they be appropriate for the website

Congratulations, Adam!

Nick - Sorry to hear about all your computer problems. My laptop did the screen of death this past fall. But it came back to like about three weeks later. I just threatened it with the local repairman. I think it decided my tender ministrations were better than his probing in the innards with screwdriver and pliers. Hope you get everything worked out soon.

kjm

Appreciate all the "well wishes", but like it or not.............."I JUST HATE CHANGE"ing, from something that is working perfectly well. I loved my old computer....I knew where everything was.......I hate the new one, and NOW, it's on it's way back to LENOVO............for re-imaging.........of course. Tech Support only knows two things - we are sending a box - and - we are going to "RE-IMAGE", your machine. We don't care that you have just spent a week, trying to put all your stuff on it.........now you can do it again.............. Sheesh ! What ever happened to "Customer Service" ??? (again - no appropriate emoticons)

"I'll be BACK".................(later)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone. I'm the winner of the mid vent package from 12/1/13

Wow i am so pleased, this kite fits perfect between my full sail and full vent Rev. The weather here in the UK has allowed me to have a few flights with the mid vent it's just awesome.attachicon.gifIMG_4935.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_4937.JPG

Thank you for sharing. Enjoy that beauty and fly the heck out of it!

Hi Everyone. I'm the winner of the mid vent package from 12/1/13

Wow i am so pleased, this kite fits perfect between my full sail and full vent Rev. The weather here in the UK has allowed me to have a few flights with the mid vent it's just awesome.attachicon.gifIMG_4935.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_4937.JPG

That's awesome, glad it arrive safely - fly it in good health!! :)