KiteLife Forum

Karma 11/10/2013 A couple of duallies

Hasek

Here are two classic dual line kites; a Kite Co. Crystal and an Action Kites Sky Dart.

Kite Co. Crystal is the red, white, and blue one. It is approximately 106 inch wing tip to tip. The sail has been repaired and some rods have been replaced. Other than the sail repair, it is in great shape and flies well. I couldn't find much info on this kite on the web but I do remember it's a graceful kite and looks tremendous when backlit by the sun. About all the info I found on it.

Next is a green/black Action Kites Sky Dart. 61 inch tip to tip. Small and fast, kinda like a two line version of the Rev B2. The sail is in great shape and a few rods have been replaced. An extremely fun flier for certain!

Info on page 5. Flight manual. via Google docs.

One winner will get both kites. These are classic early 90's stunt kites and haven't seen flight time in over a decade. Both kites come with sleeves.

- Simply state in your post "I'm in" and your drawing number will be assigned in the order you say "I'm in".

- If you're the winner, return the favor by starting your own karma drawing by putting up a kite related item of any value.

- No location restrictions for this drawing. If you're a KL member, feel free to enter although any crazy shipping taxes or anything will be your responsibility. If required it will be stated as a gift on the shipping invoice. I have no familiarity with international shipping; once I pay for shipping it's outta my hands.

- Drawing date will be Sunday, November 10th, 2013 when I wake up or thereabouts.

Karma drawing rules and guidelines

ADD- If the winner of the drawing is a Kitelife "Official Subscriber" at the time of the RNG (11/10/13), I will throw in a bonus that will be disclosed after the winner is RNGed. If you aren't already a KL subscriber, you can do so here.

Entrants:

1. Nick Russell

2. bbailey49

3. oldcaptainrusty

4. Tmadz - winner winner winner! Please check your PM's Tmadz.

5. JoesPickles

6. elmo264

post-5188-0-69941700-1383186758_thumb.jp

post-5188-0-95468500-1383186771_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Crystal Kites were sold in Lincoln City through the shop - "Flying Things", across the street from the "D" river turnaround! I had several of them myself, including the "Centurion"! Mine was a light grey with two graphics crossing the center! Moved all of them when I went to mostly Revs!!

I remember them as being good fliers, capable of all the "then current" tricks, and affordable, compared to some kites offered at the time!!

• Like 3

SO tempted to get in on this, since the my first kite (called the Cheetah by Sky Toys) was basically a copy of the Sky Dart (circa '89-'91 by Action Kites)...

But, it's still NOT a Cheetah so my sentimentality will have to wait - still, this will add some real classic value to someone's kite bag. :)

• Like 2

Sweet! I'll have to give this one some thought...

Rexracer, have you been tempted by the 1/2 darkside? The gray side I suppose ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

As of now there are five entrants. Pretty good odds and the RNG is getting near. I'm pretty stoked to have these great kites heading to a home where they'll be used!

• Like 1

As of now there are five entrants. Pretty good odds and the RNG is getting near. I'm pretty stoked to have these great kites heading to a home where they'll be used!

I'm always tempted by any controllable kite, even though I fly mostly Revs. I've been busy and really don't have anything to put up right now, so I think I'll have to pass on this one.

If I can find the time to move forward with it, I'm trying to come up with a Go Pro mount for a Rev. I want to be able to see the kite and forward with the mount. I have a bunch of CF rods and lots of model airplane building supplies and hope to come up with a stable mount. Once I can do full speed dive stops and get good video of the ground rushing up, I'll be happy. If I manage to get it done, I'll be able to duplicate it. We'll see how things go this winter.

• Like 2

I'm always tempted by any controllable kite, even though I fly mostly Revs. I've been busy and really don't have anything to put up right now, so I think I'll have to pass on this one.

If I can find the time to move forward with it, I'm trying to come up with a Go Pro mount for a Rev. I want to be able to see the kite and forward with the mount. I have a bunch of CF rods and lots of model airplane building supplies and hope to come up with a stable mount. Once I can do full speed dive stops and get good video of the ground rushing up, I'll be happy. If I manage to get it done, I'll be able to duplicate it. We'll see how things go this winter.

That sounds very cool. I would volunteer to be a prototype tester, but I'm afraid I would only test the crash survivability. Keep us posted on progress. Intriguing effort you're working on there.

• Like 1

Wow, I'm all excited, approximately 12-14 hours until RNGing.... it's like the night before a shuttle launch back in the day or maybe even the night before Christmas!

Five people are in at this point, a 20% chance to win!

Good karma to you all :)

• Like 3

Number 4, Tmadz, congratulations!

Please PM me your shipping info. If I get it by Tuesday it will be shipped out then. If gotten after Tuesday, the shipping will need to wait until next week.

As mentioned in the initial post, since you are a KL subscriber I will get you a couple of raffle entries. Either JB for the weekend or the B series Pro drawing. We can get that all figured out via PM which is on the way.

• Like 5