KiteLife Forum

Delta Park

We plan to tow our little Airstream to the Elk's Lodge in Beaverton

and FYI....#823 in Vancouver has RV spaces too :)

Thanks, that's good to know. Will check it out.

Lynn and I had a great time at Berkeley today. Flew with iQuad in the mega-fly. There were sixteen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lynn and I had a nice afternoon at Delta Park. Got to fly a little, yak a little and got a tour of Theresa's kite shop.

Fun day.

We are now at Seaside. Flew on the beach for about two hours late afternoon. Had to walk a little north as they have set up 100 Volley Ball nets at the turn around for a big tournament.

Will most likely fly at Sunset Beach tomorrow afternoon as the beach in Seaside will be loaded with people.

• 8 months later...

Thinkin I'll probably be out there around 1PM. Comin in from Oregon City. ;)

See y'all out there.

~Jb

At the field already!

Only 1-2 mph now, but it's absolutely beautiful and I expect the wind to build through the day. :)

Had a great day today guys and gals. Weather was good, wind wasn't so good, but great company. Learned a bunch as always. Thanks for making my Fiance feel welcome. :)

And THANK YOU to Dean750 for the schoolin, and the linesets. ;) Got them all measured out when I got home this aft. Re-sheathed, and tied the 75# quad lines together for a 90-95ftft dual set. :) Works great.

Good winds KL.

~Jon

Today was a good day. Welcome Spz0, it was nice to finally meet you two. If I know the answer or can point you in the right direction I'm always here. We'll fly again I'm sure. I'm fixing my MEFM this weekend. Getting ahold of your Widow and JB's Shiva started an itch I'm going to have to scratch. ;)

Dean

I couldn't get my attention off of the Red Bull kite of JB's. (I'm flying JB's Rev in that pic ;) ) The Revolution logo REALLY pops with the sun from the back of the sail ;)

Maybe he set it up wrong? :)

:D Yea, yea, I'll get it next time. :)

Dean

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hey all. Curious if anyone still flies regularly at Delta Park. I've been there about a dozen times in the last 2 months and only once was there another person flying there.. just a bunch of dogs usually :mf_party: . I'm making good progress learning how to fly these things on my own, but I would be thrilled to meet some of the kite veterans and get some tips, etc... I have been flying mostly on weekday evenings, usually around 7pm or so until dark.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Weather aside, I'm 50/50 on making it tomorrow.

Finishing up a web project, hoping to have it done tonight, but if not...

I'll try like heck, one way or the other. :kid_smartass:

Don't worry about it! You know me, if it's raining, I'm a NO SHOW!

And it's looking like a LOT of rain coming our way.

Hugs,

T

ps..although I have a pile of stuff here for you....so maybe we just meet up for eats?