Got one thnx!
Wanting to buy a used Revolution kite!
Eyeing a 1.5 B-series, midvent, 3wrap. Since it's gonna be a first ever quad, I'll also be looking for handles and lines.
Preference for local deals so we could meet up and skip the hassle of packing for shipping and all that extra effort.
Feel free to PM me too, thanks all and really appreciate it!
Also looking for any 1.5 style rev (Reflex, Classic, vented, etc.) If you're thinking of letting one of your revs go, pm me please! Has to be RTF.
The Community Kite Festival of Huntsville, AL, sponsored by AshaKiranonline.org, will be held at John Hunt Park, Jaycees building and park area, on March 4, 2017 from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM. I'd like to invite everyone in the area to come out and participate, or just come out and watch. There will be food and entertainment, and it is a free event. (Entertainment will include watching some old, fat dude attempting to fly a kite for the first time in over 30 years.)
Hey guys! Me again! I'm here on behalf of a Mechanical Engineering Project that requires a mechanism to be built that will launch a kite in low winds so that it will be shot up to 50m where the better winds are. I'm back with another few questions to ask all of you. Any help is appreciated!
1. How do you normally launch your kites? Besides tugging and running backwards?
2. Were there any methods that didn't work? Why?
3. At what speed do you consider low winds? How fast must the wind be to lift a kite?
4. What's the weight of your kite along with the photography rigging?
5. What types of kite do you use? What are their specs? What winds do they fly in? How heavy can the lift?
6. What type of cameras do you use?
7. What has been the smallest and largest kites/payloads you have used?
8. Do you KAP on land or at sea? Which do you prefer?
9. How much would a full set be? Kite and rigging included?
10. Have you ever used methods that involved an energy source? Batteries etc.
11. Do you fly on your own or with a group?
Hey guys! My name is Jason and I'm currently in my 3rd year of Mechanical Engineering. I have an on-going project at the moment.
The design brief is this:
"There are many applications for airbourne devices including kite aerial photography or kite fishing. A major challenge is providing the necessary initial lift for systems which may have additional weight to reach height with constant winds (>50m). The objective of this project is to design a low cost, low weight, low power system which can provide the necessary initial lift in the absence of wind on the ground."
My questions to anyone reading this is, What are your needs when it comes to initial lift? How do you cope with low winds? If there was such a system to launch it to 50m, what requirements would you like it to have?