KiteLife Forum

Destin

mystainedskin

Yea, it was great flying with you. maybe i'll be able to fly duals next time also. Heck it took me 5 minutes to teach everyone the couple tricks i know. After next weekend they will be posting Youtube videos :)

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The few photos I got from the clinic. Plan on doing a small descriptive write up about the week with some of them. Everything is set to public....so should be viewable. They are in reverse time frame..starting with the night I returned. https://www.facebook.com/mystainedskin/media_set?set=a.10202184624728963.1073741835.1589538891&type=3

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm leaning towards a JB to Florida for an all around fun flying weekend/knowledge sharing when I win the weekend drawing. Maybe J'ville. Invite the Emerald Coast Folks and a few others if they are interested. Hearing your tales from the clinic with those folks and the good time that was had, makes me want to see if we can recreate it with a couple new faces. Whatcha think?

• Like 2

I was really looking forward to the Festival in Ft Walton Beach the end of March, but it was apparently cancelled. I wonder if they have any other Kite festivals planned for the Southeast this year?

Well, I Googled, and just found this one, on Tybee Island:

Tybee Island Kite Flying Festival
Tybee Island Kite Flying Festival at the North Beach parking lot entrance @ Museum and beach area! Come out and fly a kite to support and create awareness about Parkinson’s and other movement disorders.
Event Details
Start date
April 27, 2014
Start time
11:00 am
End date
April 27, 2014
End time
5:22

• 7 months later...

I know this is kind of late but there is one coming up Oct 18 and 19 at the same location these pictues were taken. It is being put on by Kitty Hawk Kites if anyone is interested. Here is the link.

http://www.kittyhawk.com/event/destin-florida-kite-festival/

Looking forward to meeting anyone who might be coming down for this.

• Like 1