KiteLife Forum

Signing in to Kitelife ???

I'm getting back "up and running" (slowly), with the new computer, but for some reason, I'm having a problem with the sign-in, here on Kitelife.

In the past, once I signed on, I could close the website, close the browser, and even close down the entire computer, then when I came back on, and clicked on the Kitelife icon, I came right to the forum "new content" page.

Well, that is happening now, but I am having to sign-in every time. I don't have to do this on other websites, such as the Rev forum. Whenever I go there, I'm signed in and ready to go.

Anybody got any ideas............as to what I'm missing. I can still get on and do whatever, but it's a real pain to have to sign-on every time I leave and come back.............

Thanks............nick :ani_wallbash:

Hi Nick,

On the sign in page, below where you type your user name and password, there is a checkbox for "Remember me" - make sure that is checked before you click sign in. If that doesn't work......then I don't know.

Hope you get back up to speed soon with your new computer.

I'm having the same experience with the new iPad that Santa brought me. When I go to the sign in page my user name and password is there, all I have to do is hit the sign in button. I just figured it has something to do with the iPad. I'll have to check it on my desktop.

Probably already checked these;

Check cookie retention settings,

Browsing settings, not in private?

Also point at which shortcut is from.

As a side, If I close the page on my iPad when I got back to the web address I get logged right back in. If I'm logged out first then I have to log back in.

Well, my "Quote" / "MultiQuote" functions aren't working either.

The remember me box is checked.

I don't know what the cookie retention settings should be ?

The browser is not "In Private" ?

SR.....Not sure what this means "point at which shortcut is from"

I'm having a lot of problems it seems, but especially here on the forum.............. :ani_wallbash:

Well, my "Quote" / "MultiQuote" functions aren't working either.

The remember me box is checked.

I don't know what the cookie retention settings should be ?

The browser is not "In Private" ?

SR.....Not sure what this means "point at which shortcut is from"

I'm having a lot of problems it seems, but especially here on the forum.............. :ani_wallbash:

If you log in, get the forum main section up, create a shortcut from here and you may not have to keep logging in.

Not sure if it will work.

Also having other problems.............simple "CUT / COPY / PASTE" functions will not work on Kitelife either...............

Something is going on strange, because I am having identical problems, over on the Rev forum............

I have checked multiple other websites, and I DO NOT have the problems that I am encountering here, plus I stay signed in, even after shutting down completely..........??

Anybody got any clues................?

I'm using Windows 7 Pro (64) and Internet Explorer 11 (latest version)....................I'm lost !

Ok, I typed in the address www.kitelife.com, and I signed in, then went to the forum page, and then to the "view new content". When I got there, I saved the page as a favorite, or bookmark, as I have always done. Then I closed the browser, and when I reopened it, I was once again asked to sign in. This isn't happening on other forums (except Rev) that I am on, or on other websites. Once I've signed on, I can shut down completely, and when I bring it back up, I'm still signed on ???

Surely someone else has experienced this, or similar problems, using Windows 7 Pro ? This can't just be my computer ?

Ok, I typed in the address www.kitelife.com, and I signed in, then went to the forum page, and then to the "view new content". When I got there, I saved the page as a favorite, or bookmark, as I have always done. Then I closed the browser, and when I reopened it, I was once again asked to sign in. This isn't happening on other forums (except Rev) that I am on, or on other websites. Once I've signed on, I can shut down completely, and when I bring it back up, I'm still signed on ???

Surely someone else has experienced this, or similar problems, using Windows 7 Pro ? This can't just be my computer ?

Ok, I don't know exactly what is going on here, but I seemed to have ironed out some of the problems by switching from IE11, to Mozilla Firefox v26. (?)

As evidenced immediately above, I can now "Quote", and without trying, I'll assume that I can also "MultiQuote".

And, I can now also "Copy & Paste" >>> the text in brackets, is copied & pasted from the "Quoted" text above [Surely someone else has experienced this, or similar problems, using Windows 7 Pro ? This can't just be my computer ?]

Now, the only problem that I am continuing to have with www.kitelife.com is that I have to "Sign In", every time that I close, and re-open my browser, and this is happening when using both Internet Explorer 11, and also with Firefox 26. This problem IS NOT happening with the Rev forum, nor with any of the other websites/forums, where I save usernames & passwords. On other websites, my username and password remains in place, and I remain signed in, until I sign out. I've tested this over and over, but it seems that some other forum members are having similar problems, so maybe JB can eventually get to the bottom of this............

Happy New Year JB..............hope you can help! Any suggestions would surely be appreciated..............nick

Hi Nick, so, so sorry it took me so long to get to this.

Looks like the right info ha already come forth though...

It's such an isolated issue, hard to say, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that IE is a hog, and is rarely in tune with expanding / improving web tech.

Chrome, Safari, FireFox, all viable solutions. ;)

Hi Nick, so, so sorry it took me so long to get to this.

Looks like the right info ha already come forth though...

It's such an isolated issue, hard to say, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that IE is a hog, and is rarely in tune with expanding / improving web tech.

Chrome, Safari, FireFox, all viable solutions. ;)

Hi John,

I am now using FireFox v26.

As I mentioned above, I seemed to have ironed out most of the other problems I was experiencing, simply by switching from IE11, to Mozilla Firefox v26. (?) I had assumed that since my new computer came loaded with the newest version of IE11, it would suffice, but obviously not. Anyway, I have eliminated that variable now.............

Now, the only problem that I am continuing to have with www.kitelife.com, is that I have to "Sign-In", every time I close and re-open my browser, and this is happening with Firefox 26 (latest version).

This problem IS NOT happening with the Rev forum, nor with any of the other websites/forums, where I save usernames & passwords.

It is only happening on the Kitelife.com website (?) On other websites, my username and password remains in place, and I remain signed in, until I sign out. I've tested this over and over, and without fail, Kitelife is the only site, making me sign-in every time...........

Just to make sure, last night, I shut down my computer completely (turned it off), but only after signing into ten+ different websites - Kitelife.com and Revkites.com, included. This morning, I booted up (turned it on), and started checking. I was still signed into every single website, except Kitelife.com. Again, every time my browser is closed, I have to sign-in, all over again, just like I've never been there (?). I don't know what else to check.

Happy New Year !

Sounds like much to do over a small thing Nick!!

Since I share a computer with my kids and wife, I sign in everyday!! No biggie! A little typing is all!! :ani_idea::ani_giveup:

Yeah, yeah, just getting a bit lazy in my old age, I suppose. You know how it is when you get used to doing something one way, and all of a sudden, it doesn't work for you any more. I told JB that this definitely wasn't a show-stopper for me, just an annoyance. I'm sure it won't be a problem, just strange that it only happens here............... :ani_victory:

Hope you had a nice Christmas...............Happy New Year - to you and to everyone else...........

I'll keep looking Nick, hard to souse though, not having hands on the problem myself.

Hey, don't lose any sleep over it. Like I said, it's not a show stopper, just a minor inconvenience.

Happy New Year ! (now get back to work) Just kidding, just kidding..........

Oh, and thanks for a wonderful 2013. I'm sure 2014 will be stellar, as well........ :ani_victory:

• Like 1