KiteLife Forum

Video: 2013 Goal Study (line bending)

John Barresi

Name: 2013 Goal Study (line bending)

Category: Quad Line

Date Added: 30 December 2013 - 03:14 AM

Submitter: John Barresi

Short Description: None Provided

An uncut 3 minute session from Alberta Park in Portland OR... Flying a B-Series PRO STD w/ Diamond Frame on 30'x50# lines, I really enjoyed working a small space and bending lines around this soccer goal.

View Video

==

NOTE: This is an embedded video from one of the video sharing web sites (i.e. YouTube) and may not be the submitter's original creation, as videos are often shared or posted (embedded) due to popularity... To see the original uploader of the video, just click the logo (i.e. YouTube) in the corner of the video while it's playing.

• Like 6

I am wowed again. Amazing flying, a demonstration of what's possible. I could not even imagine a flight like that. I especially like the people that walk by oblivious to the extraordinary display of skill & thought.

• Like 1

Seriously, I deeply enjoy the logic processes and physics that go into this type of flying. :)

I'm DYING to actually build a gauntlet through which I can run my kite...

A series of these soccer goals, a few platforms, stairs with railings and more...

Anything I can thread my way through and around, I'm game to try!

• Like 4

Cool stuff John!!!!

Never seen anyone else attempt it before ...been doing something similar myself for the last few years (not the 360's bit)

Am just talking about flying from a stationary point and using the tall posts of lamp, rugby or football posts ...sorta like putting (but not) 'folds' in the wind window as it were. And when wind is blowing at an angle to the goal posts it makes it a little easier to fly the kite in behind one post through from behind out the front and around the opposite post ...in so doing, bending the lines around both post, I know I know, can't be the best for your lines but I generally use my beater 100' lines, just in case there is any potential for unseen snagging spots on the posts.

Gets you thinking tough, would love to see a 4 kite 'goal post' routine ...say that would look pretty cool, especially viewing from just below the posts, to see kite lines bending and kites coming out at all sorts of weird angles ...pretty interesting altogether.

BTW found rough bark of trees to obviously snag the lines something awful, not to mention those little wind socks they put on top of football posts in the US ...on more than one occasion I've nearly come a cropper hehe!

As kite flyers sure who doesn't love thinking about stuff like this, the potential of whats possible and expanding in that direction ...and inspiring others to follow suit.

Chris

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

love the video jb me i'm thinking trampoline. I've watched you jump over a kite lol. think you could definatly come up with a routine on the tramp, maybe check out the local gymnastics club do an indoor routine for some tramp time.

• 2 weeks later...

love the video jb me i'm thinking trampoline. I've watched you jump over a kite lol. think you could definatly come up with a routine on the tramp, maybe check out the local gymnastics club do an indoor routine for some tramp time. 

He meant for YOU to do a routine on a trampoline... Hey, I'd even buy one for you to do that!!

• Like 1