KiteLife Forum

Land Lizard Buggy*********SOLD**********

I have a well cared for Land Lizard Buggy up for sale. I also have the original bag which is signed by the designer. ja6eje3u.jpg Asking $295.00 OBO. Buyer pays shipping. Please add 3% if using PayPal. No charge if personal option is used. Thanks for looking! Joe Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

You certainly may! You might need to show me how it's done, at first...

Most street rods & customs are known by the original owner's name, like "Nick's Deuce" for instance. This buggy will be like that.

You certainly may! You might need to show me how it's done, at first...

Most street rods & customs are known by the original owner's name, like "Nick's Deuce" for instance. This buggy will be like that.

Still, be careful with buggies. Wear the appropriate gear otherwise you could beat the "deuce" out of you. Power kites are not to be trifled with.

• Like 2

Think I still have my knee & elbow pads from the skateboard phase, helmet from rock climbing/caving days, padded gloves, always a good idea on dirt bikes, light boots from mountain bike gear, goggles from skiing, & will need to start with Snapshot 1.2 as a trainer. Can't sleep thinking about all the possibilities.

2/3/14 edit: 1.2 for getting the feel of flying from the buggy without danger of actually moving

• Like 1

Think I still have my knee & elbow pads from the skateboard phase, helmet from rock climbing/caving days, padded gloves, always a good idea on dirt bikes, light boots from mountain bike gear, goggles from skiing, & will need to start with Snapshot 1.2 as a trainer. Can't sleep thinking about all the possibilities.

You'll get no pull from a 1.2 except in a tornado. Starting with a larger 3m or 4m sail in light winds with lots of open room would be best. I'm lucky to have toyed with landboarding in a 200 acre open park and until you're really able to control it well you're going to need lots of open room. Or get used to crash stopping.

My 1.7 quad foil has enough power in our standard 20-40 kph gusty winds to have me (220 lbs 100 kg) bounding & skidding. On wheels I would definitely be looking for brakes. Do those things have brakes?

No. They don't.

Just kidding about the Snapshot 1.2, my little attempt at humor. My ultimate goal is to use Rev power. But I may start by practicing flying figure eights with the little kite while reclining in a low lawn chair. I will approach this new venture with caution. The times of "throwing caution to the wind" are fast slipping away. Takes longer to heal these days. When I look back at the things I've done in life & gotten away with, I realize I may have pushed my luck, excessively. I may post about the progression of learning this extreme kite adventure. Might be amusing to some I hope.

Buggy received, Thanks Nylon Sky!