KiteLife Forum

Tedlar Tape search

Captainbob

I am trying to get some repair items together and was reading that Tedlar Tape seems to be the recommended sail repair tape to have. As usual, I did a Google search and came up with only 2 sources, which seems strange. Anyway, one source is a Kite Shop, but for a $3 piece of 2" tape, they want $17 to ship it. The only other place I see it, is part of a Prism repair kit that costs $25 plus shipping, and they don't even tell you how large the piece of tape in the kit is. Have no need for most of the other stuff in the kit, so it's not a good option. My question is, where is a place to purchase this tape at a reasonable price?

That the site that charges $16.95 to ship the tape.

Call and speak to Theresa (owner). Surely she's not going to charge 16.95, for a strip of tape. It can be put in an envelope with a stamp

• Like 1

I have used dacron based patch or tape found at local "hobby/crafts". It works well for small repairs and several colors available for like 4 bucks. 5 or 6 2"x6" pieces in the pack. It does come loose overtime in sandy (beach) environments. I have used it 4 times..3 of which are still there.

I ordered some Clear Tenacious Tape today from Amazon with free shipping. Seems that Prism is selling it on their website, so it must be OK to use on kites. I emailed the dealer that was charging $16 to ship a 1 foot by 2" piece of tape last night, and they never replied. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.