KiteLife Forum

Those Rev rods are tough, survived USPS...

Captainbob

I ordered some spare rods from AWOC, last week. They shipped them via USPS Priority mail which always troubles me, because generally the promised for delivery day is never correct. Anyway, they arrived this afternoon, the post person, rang my bell, and left. When I opened the door, the long triangular shaped box sat there, looking like a bulldozer had ran over it twice. Out of a hole, in the middle of the box, stuck the 2 rods, a 3 wrap UL and a Race rod. I pulled the rods out which were still wrapped in their clear packaging, and they were not damaged, or broken in any way. They survived the trip unscathed. I wish people would ship stuff UPS or Fedex......

The UK postal service is no better! I had some skyshark rods delivered a while back, although they had been sent in a very strong cardboard poster tube and wrapped in bubble wrap the Postal service managed to snap them in not just one but TWO places!! :censored:

IDK, I've had better luck with USPS than other carriers. Fast shipping, and never a complaint with the over 1,000 items that I sold on eBay. Those items were in boxes different from kite boxes, but the few kites that I've shipped USPS got where they were going without a problem. I guess it helps to toss your postal carrier a 50 at Christmas time !

Yep, I'm an exclusive, USPS Priority Mail user, likewise. Shipped tons of stuff for eBay sales, as well as kite trades and/or sales. Never had any problems going out, but I did have one coming in (of course). All in all, I suppose they do a decent job, but there is always that possibility, for an OH NO Moment !

:sign_oops:

• Like 1

Yeah, I've shipped a lot of kites USPS and never had one damaged. Probably has more to do with the default packaging than anything else. The full size triangle tubes provided for free by the shippers are very robust. Smaller diameter triangle tubes often used for spars or small kites seem to be handled more carelesslly, or are just more fragile. Almost evey time I've had something arrive in terrible shape it's been in a square or small diameter triangle tube. Even though I've had a number of scares like the OP, I've rarely had broken goods. Kites stuff is tough.

Delivery reliability seems to depend on local couriers and routes, so one shipper may be more reliable in a certain region than another. USPS is the only one I can reliably get to leave stuff at my door, so I prefer it for incoming to my house. I think it's cause they know the neighborhood.

Well, it's good to hear all the positive experiences with USPS. Makes me feel a little less worried about having things shipped by them. Like the OP, I've had a not so good experience myself. Bought a kite from someone and it was shipped via USPS in one of their triangle tubes. When I got it, the tube was crushed and not in a triangle shape anymore. Fortunately, the kite was ok (and this was a dualie, not a Rev). I will say USPS is rather fast though, and seems to me to be fine for "normal" sized and shaped packages.

Reef Runner: hope you get your package soon and without incident.

I've been pretty happy with USPS. No real problems. My wife buys very often online (Sorry, she refuses to use Amazon portals) She's had virtually no problems with UPS. I guess we're pretty lucky.

• Like 1