KiteLife Forum

Learning to....k.a.p.

mystainedskin

I had a visitor come through town again Mr. Peter Boyton. Last week he came through and got his 5 stack of Eyes on the local news :P I think we have decided to make this a regular outing.

Today we looked at couple locations and settled on a local state park / fort on the St. Johns river in Jacksonville,Florida. The wind was a bit iffy to begin but quickly smoothed out and made for a fun morning. I even got the chance to make a run with his setup. My first k.a.p. run with a "real" setup.

Here are a few pictures of us and the kite. I will share some of the actual run once photos are gone through...with Peters permission of course. Over 2000 photos ..one every 2 seconds on a auto pan/tilt rig.

Having some rotation issues with a few photos i shot from the ground today. I will share them later once on a real computer...post-7551-0-08856800-1394834523_thumb.jppost-7551-0-39737600-1394835328_thumb.jppost-7551-0-86622700-1394835416_thumb.jp

• Like 3

2 shots Mr. Boyton shared of the recent session. These are by all means his photos..but being marked I am sure he is fine with me sharing.

This is a local fort/state park near my home. It used to have all the cannons in it at each corner. Over time it is erroding inside the walls and they have been removed except for 1. There are a couple parks and historical landmarks in this area along the St Johns river. Walking trails,landmarks,descriptive plaques along the "marked" park areas of the history. post-7551-0-83471400-1395320427_thumb.jppost-7551-0-58986100-1395320405_thumb.jp

• Like 2