KiteLife Forum

suggestions?

Geoff

Just wanted to get some suggestions as to what to purhase. Im interested in picking up a zero wind-light wind kite. I flew a Pro Wren this weekend in basically no wind and fell in love. But I didn't want to spend that kinda money. Was hoping to get into something useable for maybe 100-130 bucks....any suggestions?

Yes, and then there's that 'other' Kite Shoppe, Dennis :P

We carry a wide range of indoor choices, in fact, we have a full wall dedicated to indoor kites!

The Wren is one of the most popular choices for under $100. Also the Dini.

As Todd mentions.....then there's the V.I.P! :D

Have fun flying! :)

Ok, great suggestions...thanks. Guess I should clarify a little, I doubt I'll be doing any actual indoor flying. Mostly light wind outdoor...0-8 mph or so is the norm for nice days here in Denver. I'd like to narrow my search down to a few kites and then try to fly before I buy, but that's in a perfect world...so the more suggestions the better.

But man o' man are those pro wren's nice......

I know for a fact that the wren is in your price range and a very good kite

for those dead days. I think it was all of the days when their was no wind that got me flying indoor in the first place all the more. In my case I would definatly give the kite shoppe a call and just see what amazing service can do. never hurts to do your home work.

Geoff,

Here in the central part of North Carolina, we have some pretty light wind days.

I'm not enough of a duallie to know the relative merits of each light wind kite, but I have an HQ Breeze that sure is a lot of fun when the wind drops down low. Don't think anyone should fly it over 8 mph.

For a quad line, you can't beat the Revolution 1.5SUL. I love mine.

And I'm with Penny... I have a UFO, and when there's no wind at all, it's a hoot!

Doug

Hey, Actual wind.. I don't know what the wind range is on it ... yet. I haven't even read the flyer.. but it is kewl... and I've seen it flying in good wind quaded... Don't expect miracles.. next year I hope to have a little control...the next year, it will start to look better.. after that... I hope to get good at it. Wind or no wind.

And just ask anyone.. I am not a natural. I can't fly just anything. Those dual lines.. they are a little squirrely.. or maybe it's me. ;)

Ahhhhh.... I wish we could rewind last week at Long Beach and do it again.

BB

Penny

;) I have to chime in here..

I loved the UFO... way fun.. floaty and very controllable..( ok i clunked myself a few times lol) but I got pretty good with it on a single line... in a short time.

I have an air-yo, which I have had alot of trouble keeping on the frame.. thinking of permanetly stitching it on.. to see what that does.

I purchased an indoor trick wren last march. I have yet to fly it.. but i paid less then $100 for it and I have seen how they fly indoors.. pretty sweet.

good luck to ya

hugs mousie

I loved the UFO... way fun.. floaty and very controllable..( ok i clunked myself a few times lol) but I got pretty good with it on a single line... in a short time.

Careful Amy... more thumps on the head makes for more blonde! :clap;

;):clap;:clap;

Hey Penny,

The handles were easier to make than you might think. Like I said, I flew on 24' lines. It was a little too long because the UFO would go unstable (to my inexperienced hands), and spin. Then I'd forget what was up and what was down and have a horrible mess. Much easier on shorter lines.

I think the author of the Rang Thang was coming up with some sort of copy of the UFO. I don't think it's a purchased kite.

You can do a few maneuvers with the quad lines like a dive stop and slide (of sorts). It was totally different, and a lot of fun. But when the wind picked up a little, I had to put it down. It won't take much time for you to see the upper limit.

BTW, my granddaughters (ages 4 and 6) had a ball with the UFO single line. They wouldn't give it back to me. :blushing:

Later, Doug