KiteLife Forum

Which REV

GrahamGoa

Hi all.
I've never flown a Revolution kite. I know what they can do and seen many people up on Black Heath in London flying them, but I have no idea what open vented, full vented etc means.

I'd like to get one and maybe get many so I can stack them. I absolutely love the idea of stacking kites. I've got a Flexifoil stacker....but only one ;-) I'll be flying it mostly while in Goa, India. The wind on the beach is generally smooth and varies from hardly nothing to very strong.

I've also got a 4 msq Flexifoil Blade which has me all over the beach. I know there is hardly no comparison between a Blade and a Revolution.

What's the difference between the full vented and half vented REVS?
Is it to do with how much wind you'll be flying in?

Cheers

Graham

Currently in Essex ;-)

• Like 1

Between here and the Rev forum, there is a very healthy group of fliers in the UK. Your best bet would be to hook up with them, ask to fly some stuff, and make a more educated decision on your own needs! Biggest thing is that they can really help you learn quicker, and at the same time explain what equipment does what, when, how!!

I suggest a meet up!!!!

PS: over on the Rev forum, this has been talked about ad nauseam, check out the many threads on what to buy, what terms mean, etc., then if you still have questions - bring 'em on!!

revkites.com gets you to the home page and selecting forums will bring you to that!!

Hi Wayne. I was looking at the site before I found this one.

I've only just begun looking into get a REV. It's been on my mind for a few years but after being in Goa with only a huge and tiring power kite, I've got to get something more hypnotic.

I've have a look at your posts then. Thanks very much.

Graham

• Like 1

Standard sail is solid (no vents)

Mid-Vent has one vented area, on each side of the sail (2 vents total)

Full-Vent has two vented areas, on each side of the sail (4 vents total)

The stronger the wind, the more vents you should have, to prevent blowing out the sail, and to make the kite more manageable, as well as smoothing out the bumps.

As Wayne mentioned, find someone local to help, if possible, and check out the Rev forum........ :ani_victory: