KiteLife Forum

Cleaning House...

Well, I've been talking about doing this for some time... so here goes !

I want to pass along some of these great kites that I've collected through the years to someone who will actually give them some air. If I haven't flown it in two years, it's going to go.

PBSK is Gone !

The next kite to come out of the bag...

Super hard-to-find piece of kiting history, a PBSK Bad Boy UL. This kite is over 15 years old, but is in really good shape... except for some yellowing of the white panel in the tail. You can't see that when you're flying it, though.

P1080223.JPG

P1080021.JPG

This kite flies in really low winds and does gorgeous flat spin tricks. It can also make some sharp corners, but not quite as precise as a ProDancer.

Here's some video of it flying in extremely low winds...

Some detail shots that were taken today...
$150 shipped ConUS
For these & the rest of the kites I sell here, a donation to JB's & TK's gas tank fund !
  • Like 6

OK, next kite up for grabs. This one is more common, The Ray Merry Speedfoil RM10... RM10 is Gone !

Powerful and exciting, these two-line sport kites are designed by our own Ray Merry, inventor of the Flexifoil. Fly SpeedFoils and feel the thrill, power, speed and exhilaration of this incredible design. The SpeedFoils' self-adjusting angle of attack allows it to fly faster and pull harder as the wind speed increases. PULLING POWER; 1 x SpeedFoil RM 10 = 3 x SpeedFoil RM6 or Average pull approximately 150-240lbs... The RM 10 is the highest aspect ratio SpeedFoil, developing considerable power across a wide wind window. Pull increases as the wind picks up making this kite a thrill to fly.

SpeedFoil1.jpg

100_0105.jpg

http://ferob.com/kites/100_0131.mov

Yes, this thing is FAST for a big kite. And it pulls like a Mack Truck... It would pull me 50' through deep sand, and it would pull me off the ground, much bigger jumps than are in the short video.

The kite is in good shape, only flown a handful of times. I don't have lines for it, I used to share the lines that came with my 2.8m foil.

$100 + $10 shipping...

• Like 2

Sold... OK... one more that I just don't fly. I know these are pretty popular light wind trick kites.

P1070294.JPG

You CAN NOT find the HQ Shadow with the rainbow print anymore. I like it much better than the two color model that you MIGHT be able to find new these days. This kite has some hours on it, but no issues with the sail. As you can see, my beach is a bit rocky, and it takes it's toll on the nocks.

P1080048.JPG

P1080050.JPG

P1070307%20(2).JPG

This kite can be flown in winds under 2mph with work, but is best in 2-8mph. I haven't modified the bridle, but there are bridle mods published that help the kite fly in lower wind, and reduce the oversteer.

Two things about the kite... it has a small tear in the leading edge fabric just below the lower spreader connector (detailed in the detail pics) and the clip-on yoyo stops were lost when I loaned the kite to a friend. The kite isn't easy to roll up anyway, and I never missed them. I'm sure you could get them from an HQ dealer if you really wanted them.

Those things being said, I am asking only $100 shipped ConUS for this kite. I think that's a deal, like half off the cost new.

Detail pics...

http://ferob.com/kites/Shadow/

OK, next kite up for grabs. This one is more common, The Ray Merry Speedfoil RM10...

http://ferob.com/kites/100_0131.mov

Yes, this thing is FAST for a big kite. And it pulls like a Mack Truck... It would pull me 50' through deep sand, and it would pull me off the ground, much bigger jumps than are in the short video.

Man, that looks like a hand-full of kite............Yikes ! :bye2:

TM... Maybe the kite will still be available when you rebuild the 'kite fund'. I know these kites aren't for everyone, and they might not move that fast.

Nick... The RM10 is an insane kite, you have to be an adrenalin junky to really appreciate it !

Nick... The RM10 is an insane kite, you have to be an adrenalin junky to really appreciate it !

If nick doesn't take I am still interested.

Oh my ! Maybe 30 years ago, but now-a-days, I am definitely, NOT, an "adrenalin junky" :thumbdown:

I'm sure that this is one great kite, just not great for me, so I gotta say pass.......

It's all yours Marshall :ani_victory:

TM... Maybe the kite will still be available when you rebuild the 'kite fund'. I know these kites aren't for everyone, and they might not move that fast.

I actually barely passed on buying a shadow before just for the reason that I couldn't get the rainbow anymore. That's how I ended up buying my first Rev, but I'm all set to do some low wind flying this Summer. If I can swing it later, rest assured she'll be well taken care of over soft grass. otherwise, good luck with the sales. I've seen pictures of your collection. I look forward to anything that's next.

• 4 weeks later...