KiteLife Forum

WTB Rev X-tra vent: bought 2!

northwavesailor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking for a like new or 9/10 Rev X-tra vent.

Please PM with details.

If you cannot find one try an alternative ! :g:

Get a used SLE, EXP or B fullsail and with a few tools you can design a vented that would be unique !

A couple of years ago I purchased a pair of locally made custom sails for about £60.00 ( $100) that needed finishing but were made of a heavy ripstop.

One was made into a "Teabag" (purple/yellow) the other ( black/purple/white) I kept as a full sail but never really used it.

So recently I modified it to a super vent, its surprising what can be done with a soldering iron, a straight edge on a flat board.

I flew this a couple of weeks ago, just to see if it would, in what I would normally fly my Mid-vent and it flew OK well almost! All I want now is some real wind to push it ! :akuma:

Bill

post-7581-0-12608600-1401963656_thumb.jp

post-7581-0-38473700-1401963662_thumb.jp

post-7581-0-51245400-1401963669_thumb.jp

So recently I modified it to a super vent, its surprising what can be done with a soldering iron, a straight edge on a flat board.

Bill

This is what happened to an older Rev 2 that I bought off someone here. I needed a vented kite but always have to do things my own way, so Alien Eyes is the result. It flies really nicely - much smoother than before the mod.

Go for it and have some fun!

post-7975-0-77735900-1402195430_thumb.jp

post-7975-0-35783500-1402195678_thumb.jp

• Like 2

We were on the Oregon coast for a few days and ended up buying 1 X-tra vent to 'share'.

That was yesterday.............. and with big winds ramping up again today (full vent was really WOUND UP!!!) bought another X-tra vent today. Unless Rev comes up with an X-X Vent I think we're set!

We like the colors we bought so that's worth a bit as well.

• Like 5