KiteLife Forum

Best iPhone app for wind speed and kiting

imranipatel

Check E-Bay "iPhone wind meter". There is a topic here which discusses a few. I will try to find it for you.

Type "wind meter" (without the apostrophes) in the search bar at the upper right of the page. This will show you all posts containing both words. Choose the most appropriate.

Try http://www.weathermeister.com. This is an aviation wx app I use for flight planning, but it gives really good 5 day weather forecast including wind direction and speed and has a ton of interesting wind data such as winds at different levels aloft, live weather radar, weather charts, etc. Uses airport identifiers to give you your desired weather briefing, so you can get a good heads up for conditions if you plan on kiting on vacation. Good stuff for those looking for something that isn't dumbed down so much.

• 2 years later...

Hi,

given the anciency of this topic I'm sure you've found a few good ones already. Yet we decided to build one more with our small group of surfing buddies. Our aim is simple - to send you a notification the day before when forecast hits your defined criteria in your favourite spots. You can also check the conditions for your spots for the next 48h comfortably with the scroll of the thumb.

The preview and intro video clips can be seen here: https://surfcast.plepic.com/app/

App is currently available for iOS and we are planning for Android. Any feedback warmly welcomed!

Kites up!