KiteLife Forum

• 1 year later...

Wow!  I started wandering #Skybond with the recent sharings.... forgot all about this thread. 

Look at us now..... I personally am tickled "yellow" still....In even more weights than before. I still have those 100'x100# and aquired some 50#x50' that I have absoulutely tortured and they are still slick. Can't say how pleased I am too be flying Skybond with the team.

At T.I... I competed for the first time in Experienced Precision Quad...missed ballet gathering my insulated gear...it was cold! Oh well...

Anyways...I flew Paul LaMasters 135% Shook...you name it...it has it.. in high 25+/_ wind on 175# Skybond....Wow! Did just the trick and tamed the kite down....nice move sir!  The kite was very stable...although my hands may not have been....

Really looking forward to putting the new sets through the paces... ;)

• Like 1

I never EVER thought I would use such an arrangement, but it was howling. I have carried those heavy lines for several years unused, just acquired a high wind kite from Eliot a few months previous.

It was so windy they were going to cancel the musical comps, skip the scoring and sound tent errection process as well.  Sharing is what kiting is all about though and Scott did that rig proud!  He was silky smooth in a Hoover vacuum cleaner's airstream, left us all staring with gabbing mouths, truly impressive performance with like 5 minutes of warm-ups on my crap.

• Like 1