KiteLife Forum

WTB: Quad Line Power Kite 3m? (Ozone, Beamer, etc..)

Hello

Wind was big here last weekend, and although I swore I had all the kites i could ever possibly want ( 3 of them! ), I now want something to drag myself around with.

Anyone have a good condition quad line traction kite that's sitting closed up in a bag and ought to be getting some air?

Was looking at a Beamer V 3m or Ozone Octane or ????

Preferably RTF with lines and handles.

Thank you kindly!

I'm not at home at the moment, but "somewhere" in the recesses of the "man cave" are two :ani_victory: power kites sitting closed up in their bags. They probably have less than 6 hours air time per kite. BUT, they may not be all that RTF. They were gifts from my brother in probably circa 2009 so they have been "bagged" pretty much since then. If your interested, I'm sure the little woman would love more shelf space for HER stuff. :big_bangin:

Let me know if I you want me to conduct the search and recovery operation......

John

Hi John

If these kites are 'easily' extractable and not in key postions preventing an avalanche from occurring, I'd be interested in knowing what they might be.

As I said, I am looking for something with enough pull to drag me around the sand, and with quad lines so I can learn how to steer this type of beast (isn't it a quote from George Orwell's book Animal Farm: "four lines good, two lines baaad"?).

Thank you sir.

Ok, I have a good idea where they are, it shouldn't be too dangerous, I'll take a cell phone in with me just in case. Seems to me they are Beamers, also pretty sure they are close to what you are looking for.

I'm on U.S. Pacific time, so I should be home 5:30 ish local. I'll post a reply as soon as I know, I will take them out of the bags and see what the condition is too, weather permitting, it's been raining off and on today... not that I will melt, just don't want to get the kites wet.

Well my estimate was a little off. Both still have the manuals in them and they are 2006 models. One is a Beamer 5.0 the other one is a Crossfire 3.2. I think the plan was to fly the 3.2 until we were comfortable and then buggy the 5.0. They both appear to be in excellent shape still. both have lines and handles, and are in "backpack" style bags. I don't want to get your hopes up too high. I still would like to take them out of the packs and make sure there has not been any mold or critter ( mice and squirrels ) damage to the sails. Doesn't appear to be any. If you are still interested. Work again tomorrow, always takes longer to do things than you expect, but I wanted to get this to you before it got late on your time.

john

Hi,

I did manage to get both kites out and open them up. Both kites are in like new condition, the colors on the sails are still sharp and vibrant. The bridles look like new as well. All I did to the bags was wipe them down with a dry towel. A link to an old advertisement from a wind of change kites--

www.awindofchange.com/crossfire2.html also this -- www.awindofchange.com/beamer3.html I know the info is old...gives you an idea tho.

If you are still interested, PM me with an offer and I'll see how close we are on price.

I have some pics I can email too.

John

Hi

Waiting for a response back on a PL Hornet and/or a Zebra, both 3m at ridiculous deals.

These are current models I believe so I might opt for these if they are still available.

Will let you know if it doesn't work out.

A bit hesitant to get 'older' power kites (8 yrs old) and not sure where to price them either, but let's see where things sit in a couple days.

Thanks for your offer, and the time you've spent digging them out.

Cheers

So it looks like have a PL Hornet 3m on the way.

Can you please confirm which series of Beamer you have, (III, IV,??)?

I think the link you sent was for a III but wanted to confirm.

Thanks

Not a problem, the 3m Hornet should get me oriented.

Was thinking about a bigger kite for some pull on low wind days, but can look for a larger kite again once I've figured out how to fly a quad power kite, and know better where I want to go from there (water, board, etc..)

Thanks again for your replies.