KiteLife Forum

Collective Karma-Stake Holder, Stake, and Kites (8/8/14)

bbailey49

Alright, folks here it is! Larry OKC is dealing with a loss in his family so a few of us have joined forces to put together a drawing in his stead.

Courtesy of Amexpmh; another para-cord kite stake holder

post-7635-0-89874300-1406255713_thumb.jp

And since a stake holder needs a stake to hold we have a very unique beer tap handle stake thanks to etully

post-7635-0-07334300-1406255805_thumb.jp

(note: the marble stake is only shown as a size reference, it is not a part of the drawing)

and stakes are pretty useless without a kite (or two) to hold. Why not a duallie and a rev? Tmadz has graciously offered to pay forward a red, white, and blue Kite Co. Crystal he won in a previous Karma drawing

post-7635-0-26310100-1406255953_thumb.jp

and mystainedskin is likewise paying it forward by offering a B2 full vent he was fortunate enough to win in a KiteLife subscriber drawing.

post-7635-0-08868400-1406256001_thumb.jp

The only thing that is new will be the stake holder, but everything is functional.

As an added bonus and to help out JB a little, I am throwing in a 1-year KiteLife member subscription. If you're not a subscriber, you'll get an entry Into the subscriber giveaways, plus all of the other goodies subscriber access allows. If you're already a subscriber, I'll give you the option of taking this as an extra subscription (2 entries into the drawing), or when your renewal comes up, your next year will be on me.

Everyone (including those who have offered prizes) may get in on this drawing. I will find an objective drawing method that everyone will find acceptable. Maybe I'll get JB to do the drawing if he chooses not to enter himself. So everyone get "IN" and let's keep the Karma rolling

-B

Standard Karma Note:

This is a Karma Drawing. The winner of the drawing is expected to pay it forward by offering their own prize for the next drawing. Please do not enter unless you are willing to offer your own prize, preferably not the prize you just won. Drawings should be open for entry approximately 2 weeks, and the next drawing should be posted as soon as possible to keep the Karma rolling.

These drawings are run by and for KiteLife members. The moderating team only ensures that your drawing post contains all of the pertinent information (drawing date/time, adequate prize description, drawing rules) before approval. If you are a KiteLife member, and you reside in the lower 48 states of the US, you are eligible to enter. You do not have to be a paid subscriber. (Edit to reflect rule change) Members from Canada, Alaska, and Hawaii are welcome to enter the Karma drawings provided they are willing to pay half of the Karma prize shipping cost. The method and timing of the payment will be agreed upon between the two parties after the drawing for a particular prize.

Here is the link to the original Rules and Guidelines thread: http://kitelife.com/forum/topic/5426-rules-and-guidelines-please-read/

The mechanism for the drawing itself is entirely at the discretion of the person offering the prize. In the past, entry number has been determined either by order of entry or by the post number in which the member declares Im in to the drawing. The drawings have been performed using the RNG method (http://www.random.org/sequences/) or by choosing the numbers out of a hat (I believe an adorable daughter did the picking in that scenario). The only requirement is that the method of selection is clearly spelled out in the drawing post.

Entry into the drawings is done by STARTING a post in the drawing thread with Im in. In order to remove any confusion or misinterpretation, only entries with posts that START with Im in will be considered. As with all other KiteLife drawings, bantering is encouraged. This is for fun after all.

1. Tmadz

2. bbailey49

3. Nick Russell

4. lmoaks

5. makatakam

6. Jay Farlow

7. etully

8. Fred van Curen

9. mystainedskin

10. Reved

11. RevRookie

12. Joespickles

13. mtgrizzly52

14. Wayne Dowler

• Like 1

Just to note the kite is NOT in Australia despite the orientation of the picture. For some reason when I emailed it to myself it did that. Didn't feel like rotating it. It's old school loud. Definitely gets attention.

BTW, I'm in.

I was gonna tell Barton to forward the winners address for mailing until I realized that it'll be me.

• Like 1

I'm having some fun flying this more before it (may) goes away. I'm enjoying it all over again. Makes me want to get a Hawaiian. This a fine fun old school kite and I will offer it up again for Karma. Definitely draws attention because of the noise. I encourage people to get in for this and a B2 vented. C'mon it's a B2! How is that not a great prize? Not to mention a cool custom stake holder that could save your life and a beer stake? I mean really? A beer stake? How is that not cool?

I'm in ...but would suggest a secondary winner for my submission. This was an original Kitelife giveaway kite and only see it fair for it to continue it's journey....since it was offered.

Scott, my thought for those of us contributing and competing, is to give our particular offering to the next number drawn by the RNG, should we win.

• Like 2